Quite annoyed about this.

AJRFulton

Saturday, I parked up at Toryglen Asda, went into the shop to get a few things, and came out to this.

rangersmedia-1375895692-U344.jpg

No note left. The alloy has a lovely big scuff on it too, which you can't see in the picture. The edge of the wheel arch is cracked, although you have to put pressure on the bumper to see this as it's springs back closed, but it will need plastic welded otherwise any paint work will just crack.

Nothing major, but an expense I could do without!

However the most annoying thing, is the total lack of interest from the police.

Given where I was in relation to the entrance of the shop (see below), I feel there is an excellent chance the culprit may of been caught on CCTV. I reported it on Saturday, so they could make a request to view the CCTV. Frustrated that 4 days have past and I haven't heard anything, I chased it up today and discovered they haven't bothered to ask yet to see the shops CCTV footage. It's frustrating.

rangersmedia-1375895992-U344.jpg

Any idea how much I am talking to fix this? Don't want to be driving around in a 4mth old car with a scuffed bumper/alloy

The manager can't do anything about the CCTV without a police request. Obviously they can't show me it, due to data protection and the fact I might take the law into my own hands.

I'm based in Beith. 25 mins from Glasgow.

The damage is superficial. If it was a £3000 car, 7-8yr old car... it wouldn't annoy me 'that' much. However it's a £30k car, thats 4mths old.... it needs to be fixed, and I'd reckon we are talking £400-£500 to fix the bumper and alloy.

I would park usually at the quiet bit of the car park, but it's an inner city Asda, at 3pm on a Saturday.... the whole car park is busy.

That's the other annoying thing, the car park would of been busy, plenty folk would be around the main entrance and surely a handful would of noticed this happening.... nobody did anything. I know if I seen somebody bash somebodies car and drive off, I'd certainly take a note of the reg number, or at the very least make/model/colour of the car

Edited by Badgeronimous

That is just so annoying and is why if you cherish your car always park far away from the entrance. I've had my 370 nearly two and a half years and go to the supermarket about once a week and not one dink,dent or scuff. My wife's company car also visits plenty of supermarkets, car parks and so on and she parks as close as she can get to the entrance. Needless to say her car peppered with dinks,dents and scuffs.

Hope you find the culprit!

The data protection thing is rubbish. The store manager is free to view the footage whenever he likes. If he were to witness the incident then he would be able to tell you the registration so whats the difference looking at CCTV. There is none. Ask him to keep the footage and burn it onto a disc. Attend your local nick. Failing provide your details within a certain time (different in Scotland) is an offence. Therefore the culprit has committed a criminal offence. Complain to a supervisor. Dont be fobbed off by the desk person. I'm sure once a supervisor meets you and you've calmy explained the story, how hard you saved etc etc and there is CCtV they put a report on. If they dont, complain to independant police authority of Scotland. Just make sure the manager dont record over CCTV. I'd tell him the police will be around.

£20 backhand to a security guard at the store might help you find the culprit?

I find no matter where you park people are like sheep and gather in herds, Parked a million miles away from the entrance to a morrisons the other day to come back to my car just as an old lady pulls up next to mine so close she struggled to get out, needless to say I folded my arms and watched as she had to nearly fall out her car. The car park was less than a quarter full.

Hope you have some luck dude as that looks like a major ding and must have made some noise when it happened.

• Like 1

I know how you feel.

cardent.jpg

Anybody got an idea of how much it would cost to fix/replace? Weighing up Insurance claim (lose 2 years) vs pay privately.

Hopefully car park has CCTV footage. Will find out 2mrw.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58697-got-back-to-car-to-find-this/

Police said they won't even look into it after all of that. Unless it involves personal injury or a fatality. So looks like I'll have to pay for it myself. Time for a new bodykit I think. OEM is so expensive.

Was so pi$$ed!

Sorry to see this. I try to stay away from supermarket car parks in the Z but I know it's not always an option.

Piece of advice re the repair: my previous 370 was the same colour as yours. I had a small scratch repaired by a local body shop but they failed to get the match right. The bumpers on the white 370 can be tricky to get right so make sure you go to a very reputable place to get it sorted, even if it means a long journey.

I find no matter where you park people are like sheep and gather in herds, Parked a million miles away from the entrance to a morrisons the other day to come back to my car just as an old lady pulls up next to mine so close she struggled to get out, needless to say I folded my arms and watched as she had to nearly fall out her car. The car park was less than a quarter full.

This always amazes me. Ive noticed the same thing time after time.

Really sorry to see this, people just could give a sh1T about other peoples property. I work in CCTV and they will have

footage from which ever camera that covers that part of the car park and yes the manager can view it any time as can the store

security. They will hopefully have a ( DVR) Digital Hard Drive system and not an old tape system, if so they should have stored on the HD

a months worth of images, get hold of the head of the stores security and have a word with him.

Its a disgrace. Weve all had it done but never done it . hope your persistence pays off & you find out the culprit. In the meantime get it fixed ASAP cause your heart will sink every-time you see, doesnt help the wallet but eases the pain

End them with a swift chop to the throat.

Its the only way.

I ONLY park like this.

null-55.jpg

Yeah, I always try to park well away from any other cars too but come back to it and find some idiots parked 6 inches away in an otherwise empty car park !!

Edited by Wayne370Z

Yeah, I always try to park well away from any other cars too but come back to it and find some idiots parked 6 inches away in an otherwise empty car park !!

Yeah, you know.

With the thinking that if they park next to a nice car their car will be safer, lol.

Mrs goes nuts as it always about a 1/2 mile walk to the Tesco's door.

Hope you get it sorted , I'm afraid the only option is to park at the far corners of supermarket car parks

I wouldn't park mine where you had parked yours ! , however you should be able to park in any space and expect your

Ride to be in the same condition when you come back.

It's so annoying , you thought about investing in front and rear Cameras ? You would have caught the culprit yourself

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/

Mate that is an admirably calm reflection on the turn of events.

I salute you for not letting it completely @*!# on your parade.

Personally I would have had the same reaction but I could absolutely understand anyone going batshit crazy if they came back to that on a 4 month old car!