Quite annoyed about this.

AJRFulton

• 4 weeks later...

That has been a full month since the incident and I've been holding off getting it repaired in the hope they'd catch whoever did it.

A letter of complaint is going in against the police, as despite chasing this up, and despite there being a strong chance the incident has been caught on CCTV, they have did not a jot to investigate my complaint.

It's ok, I'm easy with a few hundred quids worth of damage to my car, I'll happily fork out.

If I went and caused a few hundred quids worth of damage, drawing a big **** and balls on their police station, I'm sure they'd at least investigate, review the CCTV and probably catch me.

In all honesty though, what is the likely outcome of complaining to the police, other than a long drawn out procedure with nothing but a token sorry at the end of it.

Edited by Badgeronimous

Genuinely, I'm not sure I'd bother. They have better things to do than studying CCTV looking for a driver who has scuffed another's bumper, maybe without realising, and given the cuts to the police they probably don't have the manpower even if they had the inclination.

Not saying that I like the situation, but that's the reality. You could try bugging them every day to ask them how they're getting on, and they may do something just to get rid of you, but a full on complaint? Not worth it, as it won't be against a specific officer so will be ignored.

That's what I figured.

It's frustrating on my part, as I know full well it was quite likely the shop CCTV caught it given where I was parked.

Buying a house, and needing 4 new tyres + brakes, I can't really afford to get it fixed either for the next couple of months. Well I can, but it would leave me a bit short should I need money quickly.

Edited by Badgeronimous

On a slightly more positive police story note, my other half was on the wrong end of a foul mouthed tirade from a fat drunken twonk on the way from work recently because she politely asked him to sit next to her on the train seat instead of practically on top of her. He spent the rest of the journey periodically f'ing and jeffing at her and she couldn't move because the train was packed (as usual nobody intervened). When she finally told me about it she was obviously upset so I encouraged her to report it. She was really pleased by how seriously they took it (not much they could actually do in the end but they didn't try to fob her off or make light of it).

How much would you guys estimate this is going to cost to repair correctly on a Storm White GT Edition?

The bumper is scraped, cracked and slightly distorted (crack has got a little worse from the original pic, you can see daylight through it now, a small bit of the bumper has came away leaving a tiny hole around the size of a pepper corn), and there is a white scuff on the alloy wheel too.

Only one corner affected.

I'm thinking and budgeting around £500ish, but I've never had to do a repair not through the insurance, or the other party paying.

Edited by Badgeronimous

You guys think that's bad?

I once walked back to my car in the late evening and found two fellow students storting cocaine off my bonnet.

It had been raining and the car was soaking wet. they had poured the coke onto the bonnet and it dissolved instantly. :lol:

Luckily this was before I got the Z - I was 17 and it was a cheap car but I was furious nonetheless. :angry: