Got back to car to find this...

The Bounty Bar Kid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nasty one!! Front bumper repair / repaint around £150-£200, wing repair /repaint around £80-£90. It'd probably be worth paying yourself but hopefully you can get CCTV images and then pursue the leaving the scene of an accident route? Hope all goes ok for you!

Dave.

My heart genuinely sunk when I saw the pic :(

Someone did this to me to my brand new car in 2007 about a week after it was delivered, wasnt a happy bunny and was similar damage but to a different car.

Like others have said I think around £300ish

That's heart-breaking, after the work you put into your ZED to make it look so pristine. :console:

Let us know how you get on about finding the culprit and what its going to cost to put right.

Yeah I know. Been so so busy the last week (7 day straight) that I hadn't had time to clean her and was so looking forward to cleaning her today. Gonna go to the car park later and see if I can get them to look at the CCTV. Fingers crossed that they have it on tape!

Terrible :rant: I hope you get it sorted. You need to see the CCTV recording asap because a lot of places have an overwrite cycle - how long the recording is kept being being over written or erased. The local garage to me works on a 48 hours cycle. Good luck :thumbs:

Mike

That's heart-breaking, after the work you put into your ZED to make it look so pristine. :console:

Let us know how you get on about finding the culprit and what its going to cost to put right.

Yeah I know. Been so so busy the last week (7 day straight) that I hadn't had time to clean her and was so looking forward to cleaning her today. Gonna go to the car park later and see if I can get them to look at the CCTV. Fingers crossed that they have it on tape!

Fingers crossed for you mate.

As Mac says get back to the CCTV footage ASAP, as it may be overwritten in a day or so.

Sorry to see that, its gutting people can do that damage these days and just drive off. IMO the law needs to be harsher on these kinds of incidents to protect people like yourself from potentially having to claim on insurance :rant:

I shudder when I see this sort of thing happen. I remember once I worked on the 6th floor of this building overlooking a carpark. I was looking out of the window at the carpark and saw this old man reverse this car straight into the side of a parked car. He got out, looked around, then drove off!!!!!!! The car he hit actually rocked back and forth with the force. Unfortunately because I was so high up I couldnt get the guys reg number, but I ran down with the details I had to put a note on the other cars screen, but by the time I got there he had also gone.

You may find that on private property the police won't be too interested. :shrug:

its still malicious damage though - so they should be "interested"...tho, just not bothered

I would say the bumper is repairable but it is better to replace the wing simply because the mounting bracket between wing and bumper and also lamp is most likely fecked so line up is going to be difficult or not stable at all.