Got back to car to find this...

The Bounty Bar Kid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They couldn't see anything on the CCTV so no can do. Gonna get done privately. Nismo V1 Kit here I come! Lol.

Oh man that sucks. Stories like these which make me think I should install a motion activated CCTV camera in my car.

• 2 weeks later...

am really sorry to see that happened to your car mate. shame about the cctv. did you log it with the police anyway? take it that the car park didnt have any other cctv cameras possibly from near by businesses that may over look where your car was park. just a thought am gutted for you.

So I just rang up the Sutton Life Centre to see if they could see anyone hit my car. They did! Unfortunately the CCTV is pixelated. However they are going to try to marry up the CCTV footage of the person, with people who would have come into the building. Fingers crossed that they catch the f&£$%"r!

So I just rang up the Sutton Life Centre to see if they could see anyone hit my car. They did! Unfortunately the CCTV is pixelated. However they are going to try to marry up the CCTV footage of the person, with people who would have come into the building. Fingers crossed that they catch the f&£$%"r!

Thats excellent news - hope they track the bugger down

nice one fingers crossed. even if they can make out the type and colour of car, you can maybe go back to the car park and match up the car leaving the car park. or even possibly where the cars has to exit the car park on yet another camera.then just give the reg to police, i imagine there car still has some of your zed attached to it, insurance companies can prove this with a forensic paint sample. my mrs is a fraud investigator for insurance, its amazing the stuff she does to catch people out.. i imagine it will be a bit of running about, but it will be worth it, not only to catch the pikey, but to get your car fixed also. good luck mate

• 3 weeks later...

Police said they won't even look into it after all of that. Unless it involves personal injury or a fatality. So looks like I'll have to pay for it myself. Time for a new bodykit I think. OEM is so expensive.

What a pain. Good luck with getting it sorted out.

Police said they won't even look into it after all of that. Unless it involves personal injury or a fatality. So looks like I'll have to pay for it myself. Time for a new bodykit I think. OEM is so expensive.

That's a joke, it's still criminal damage at the end of the day and therefore, a crime. Aren't they supposed to find and prosecute criminals?

as long as you can get the details of the person involved, then just put it through the insurance company. i.e. this person hit my car, here is the video evidence. and then your insurer should be able to do the rest from there.

as long as you can get the details of the person involved, then just put it through the insurance company. i.e. this person hit my car, here is the video evidence. and then your insurer should be able to do the rest from there.

rtbiscuits right, why should you put your hand in your pocket for this. was speaking with the mrs, she investigates insurance fraud. if you can even get the reg plate of the car its enough to start an insurance claim, they will do the rest, your cars taken a fair hit to do that damaged. ive started always looking for a camera when am parking as am paranoid. it is a crime to cause damage and then do the boost, the poloce arent intrested, but i imagine with enough noise they would be. but i feel for you if you decide to pay for it. b

sorry ment to say , if you even get a reg plate, the insurance company will inspect the other car and do some csi type paint forensics . just hope the idiot that done that to your car aint got theres repaired.

rtbiscuits right, why should you put your hand in your pocket for this. was speaking with the mrs, she investigates insurance fraud. if you can even get the reg plate of the car its enough to start an insurance claim, they will do the rest, your cars taken a fair hit to do that damaged. ive started always looking for a camera when am parking as am paranoid. it is a crime to cause damage and then do the boost, the poloce arent intrested, but i imagine with enough noise they would be. but i feel for you if you decide to pay for it. b

sorry ment to say , if you even get a reg plate, the insurance company will inspect the other car and do some csi type paint forensics . just hope the idiot that done that to your car aint got theres repaired.

Can't see the offending vehicle's plate on the CCTV. I was hoping that the police could help me out by looking at nearby cameras they had access to.

• 1 year later...

Mate theres a pair of carbon wings for sale at the moment! Go the whole mate I reckon, what bastards though really pisses me off when these things happen. Remember my E36 getting damage at a car meet!

Hope you get it sorted asap and cheaply mate what a bitch