Dissapointed in Fellow Member !!!!!

flyboy

There can be many reasons not for a reply look at zed ted and name and shame will just get petty so message mod who can contact them and get back to you as before some one said why not as part off the for sale terms the op has to message contact details address etc to mod before they can post in the for sale thread other that deal the same as any other thing you buy out off the forum

Edited by KC350Z

To be honest, I don't really see why the team should get involved at all. If you protect yourself with a little bit of common sense, you'll be fine if all goes the way of the pear. The OP has done so here by paying via PP and not by gift, so this will have a good outcome.

What people expect the team to do about things like this, I don't know :shrug:

Am I right in saying the PMs will still be in your outbox if unread? If they're not in your outbox they have been read and ignored. But if they are on holiday or unwell etc they will be in your outbox

Am I right in saying the PMs will still be in your outbox if unread? If they're not in your outbox they have been read and ignored. But if they are on holiday or unwell etc they will be in your outbox

AFAIK, yes.

AFAIK, yes.

Wont show as unread any more as they are saved as conversations. However, if you go to read the PM, you will see the recipient list on the left of the screen and when they last read it. If its a new convo they haven't read, I think it says so there.

AFAIK, yes.

Wont show as unread any more as they are saved as conversations. However, if you go to read the PM, you will see the recipient list on the left of the screen and when they last read it. If its a new convo they haven't read, I think it says so there.

The new software shows the PM content in the email notifications so now you can see your PM without using the forum at all ;)

To be honest, I don't really see why the team should get involved at all. If you protect yourself with a little bit of common sense, you'll be fine if all goes the way of the pear. The OP has done so here by paying via PP and not by gift, so this will have a good outcome.

What people expect the team to do about things like this, I don't know :shrug:

To act as a mediators if he does reply and give helpful advice if he doesn't.

Enough with all these "politically correct" and "policies" stuff, just name and shame.

This forum it's pure GOLD, we should not let anyone transform it into rubbish! :rant::angry:

Rant over :surrender:

I strongly disagree. I am at the moment having issues with a courier who is doing my head in, it happens and if you look back on previous posts couriers can be a nightmare to deal with. So this is one issue we all have to cope with.

Taking this to the next level, I have spent a fair bit of time talking to traders who have issues all the time which whilst not being their fault have to be handled. I cannot stress too much how hard it is to maintain a reputation whilst having to sort out issues caused by their suppliers as well as couriers. Any trader who has stayed on the forum for some time has proved their worth IMO.

If the name and shame is adopted then there will be a lot more problems on the forum. People have to be given the chance to sort out glitches before they become entertainment for the rest.That benefits nobody.

This has happened rarely in the past and is usually down to a breakdown in communications which the team are happy to resolve. I and the other team members are pleased to be able to help and are usually successful.

Worth remembering that nobody on the team gets anything anyway so sorting out things like this isnt a biggie and is rewarding in the same way as seeing the forum being successful is. :)

• Like 1

What is the forum policy on name and shaming?

Things will always go wrong on occasions. When they do we would hope that the parties could resolve the issue to their mutual satisfaction.

I have been in this situation and must say that the seller put a lot of time, effort and indeed lost money sorting the problem out. The courier had messed up and damaged the item.

Its a little tricky with private sellers but I would recommend that anyone having issues should pm at least one team member, we dont have many more powers than you do but we will assist in any way we can to resolve the issue in the best interest of each party and the forum.

In the first instance posting a name may not help anyone as it elevates the dispute very quickly.

I agree 100% just wondered what the policy was if any that's all. I bought something months ago and to be honest it wasn't as I'd expected given the description. I just lived with it as the member had been on here far longer than me. Not that that got close to me wanting to post name up.

See, I sit somewhere between the two.

IF there has been plenty of attempts at communication

AND

IF the other party simply hasn't responded or has pretty much been abusive about the whole thing

AND

IF it's very clear via written and photographic evidence that I'd been led down the garden path, to a standard that I feel would stand up in court

THEN

AND ONLY THEN would I name and shame.

If it was early days, or I'd been a bit naive, or I'd not got the required proof, or if indeed I failed any of my own tests above, then I'd keep quiet. That's my own moral viewpoint on trading full stop. Sometimes I've been sent stuff that was atrocious quality and I've had to send it back, but when I did the company was excellent about it so I felt no need to publicise it. Customer service isn't about when things go right, it's what happens when things go wrong.

Erm guys, you know you can see when a user was last on here just by clicking their name? That would be my first port of call.

On SXOC (11 years old and counting) weve seen millions of these, as Ekona says its pretty easy to avoid being scammed:

Best way: get someone local to go round and pay cash for item, or pick it up in person.

If above not possible: Get a name, address, home telephone number and actually call it to check its pukka, a mobile is worth having too. Use Paypal (not gift) for payment.

If item is not forthcoming then try all methods of contact, if that still doesnt work do the Paypal thing. In dealing with the best part of 100 of these over the years, Ive never had one where the buyer has had a home telephone number ;)

Oh, and post count/years on forum are not an indicator of trustworthiness, Ive banned at least 5 people with 5K+ postcounts and years of history before. Be smart, dont get stitched. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hope it works out and theres a genuine reason for NO contact. I think naming and shaming is wrong until this is resolved. The seller may come good but when they try and sell something else no one will bother looking. I worked for hermes as a field manager for years and the way parcels get treated is a bloody joke and if youve taken the time to put fragile stickers on something they have a see how many times it can be thrown before its rattles policy :(

Oh, and post count/years on forum are not an indicator of trustworthiness, Ive banned at least 5 people with 5K+ postcounts and years of history before. Be smart, dont get stitched. :thumbs:

Yup we've been there too, with members and traders. Amazing really that some such established members/traders can suddenly act in a different way.

This is why we like members to cover themselves, but if they have problems then contact the team for help before naming and shaming as a last resort. While we are quite an active forum, we are still small enough, and these issues infrequent enough, that we dont mind helping out with issues. Rather that than a bum fight start on the forum in public, at least until the facts have been established :thumbs:

• Like 1

Erm guys, you know you can see when a user was last on here just by clicking their name? That would be my first port of call.

On SXOC (11 years old and counting) weve seen millions of these, as Ekona says its pretty easy to avoid being scammed:

Best way: get someone local to go round and pay cash for item, or pick it up in person.

If above not possible: Get a name, address, home telephone number and actually call it to check its pukka, a mobile is worth having too. Use Paypal (not gift) for payment.

If item is not forthcoming then try all methods of contact, if that still doesnt work do the Paypal thing. In dealing with the best part of 100 of these over the years, Ive never had one where the buyer has had a home telephone number ;)

Unless it says last active private then you cant unless your a mod perhaps.

Things are afoot folks, There will be no naming unless all else fails.

I have asked the mods not to accept any more for sale posts from this member until this is sorted and if they agree then there will be no cause for alarm from anyone else...

Its in the hands of paypal at the moment.

Who knows there may be a genuine reason as to why he hasnt been in touch I dare say I will find out eventually.

I'm peed off but the loss of the cash wont make me bankrupt, If its a lesson in life then so be it, but I did think at my age I had probably learned them all.

I think that its because this seems such a nice place to be online that sometimes you forget its still the real world.

Ultimately we wont censor it (well I certainly wont) but we ask members think long and hard before they do it. If it does come out its a misunderstanding later on, it doesn't bode well for anyone involved.

• Like 1

Ultimately we wont censor it (well I certainly wont) but we ask members think long and hard before they do it. If it does come out its a misunderstanding later on, it doesn't bode well for anyone involved.

I personally 100% think that this is the right stance for a forum to take. Nice to see one where everything is handled so well.

Yes and I would hope nobody would just post without thinking it through or going theough the 'proper' stages....

I was thinking more 'tell the story' rather than 'name & shame'