I replaced my XK8 with a Zed. Why ?

LeeB350Z

As mentioned above to be out accelerated by a bloody transit van there must be some serious issues with your Zed? I remember racing vans off the lights when I was a kid on foot and there was never much init... Haha!

• Like 2

This one is not me boys....were you on xkec? I'm on over there as well as here. I went 350z to s2000 to xkr. The 8 and the zed aren't to dissimilar, they are both big girls with big engines, I moved from the zed as I found it didn't deliver what I wanted it too. But its not like the zed is gutless, although the TCS is more interfering than a labour government. I would turn it off.

• Like 2

I find it difficult to advise you as I stopped racing people away from the traffic lights when I was about 17. But my observations are as follows:

1. With an automatic you only have one pedal to push very hard towards the floor

2. With a manual you have to work two pedals and the lever/knob thingy so it's quite a challenge

And a sensible observation ....the 350Z is not particularly built for 0-25 mph particularly with the original throttle map in the first three gears.

May I suggest one of these Fords instead:

This once happened to me too tbh. I was sat at the lights and this van was gunning for me, no problem I thought and I pull away and he keeps up...at this point im like "WTF". You see what happened was the awesome sound from the V6 made me think I was gunning it, actually I didn't have my foot all the way down...once I correct this said van was far behind me and I was rewarded by an even more awesome noise...I'd check you've got you're foot down properly...cool story bro

• Like 1

Not racing on the streets, but it would be nice to get in front of white van man in a sports car and not have him giving you the wan***er sign out the window.

That's never happened to me, but that's probably because I don't drive like one... :teeth:

Its a GT - that means its a powerful cruiser and build for comfort. Up to 25mph most little nippy cars (or vans) will keep up, after that the longer legs will leave them behind.

Oh and like the other comments, leave off the traction control for a better start.

But really, racing on the streets? Not that good an idea anyway.

Not racing on the streets, but it would be nice to get in front of white van man in a sports car and not have him giving

you the wan***er sign out the window.

Yeah, I can see that might sting a bit after just buying it.

Both the XK and the Zed are about the same BHP, but completely different in how they excellerate, very dissapointed in th Zed.

Mine takes off in 2nd gear no problem.

I do find it hilarious when people buy a car and then complain about basic stuff like the way it accelerates!......test drive? :wacko:

I dont get why he is comparing it to another car, I mean thats like eating chicken and moaning that it tatses nothing like beef!

Ok not the greatest example of what i mean i know.

If you dont like the Zed because its not an XK8 then bloody buy and XK8...

Bet the van owner is crowing over this over on vanownersclub.co.uk about how he left a crappy Datsun for dust at the traffic lights and gave him the ****er sign out of the window :lol:

Edited by Sarnie
  • Like 2