I replaced my XK8 with a Zed. Why ?

LeeB350Z

I had a XK8 auto which I loved driving but got bored with it after 2 years so changed it, great car 0-60 6.1sec and 16.8mpg around

town. Now got a 350Z 06 Gt Uk car its manual 0-60 5.6 sec and supposed to be 18.6 mpg. Mine 350Z does 13 mpg in town and I got

out excellerated by a transit van today, and I was trying to beat it, bit embarrassing to be beaten by a transit in a sports car,

The 350Z is ok when you get going above 25mph, but how do you get it to 25mph without revving the nuts off it ?.

The 350Z is ok when you get going above 25mph, but how do you get it to 25mph without revving the nuts off it ?.

It's a sports coupe, not a bloody diesel. It's supposed to have the nuts revved off it!

To be honest, if you got 'beaten' by a Transit then there's something seriously wrong with either your car or your driving.

• Like 9

2nd gear?

Yes but you cannot start off in 2nd without slipping the clutch, once it gets going it fine,

Even off the start I find It blows most things away, you just have to turn traction control off

Edited by peteman35

It's a sports coupe, not a bloody diesel. It's supposed to have the nuts revved off it!

To be honest, if you got 'beaten' by a Transit then there's something seriously wrong with either your car or your driving.

Never had to rev the XK8 a it would have any car off the lights, but very disappointed with the acceleration on the Zed.

Its a GT - that means its a powerful cruiser and build for comfort. Up to 25mph most little nippy cars (or vans) will keep up, after that the longer legs will leave them behind.

Oh and like the other comments, leave off the traction control for a better start.

But really, racing on the streets? Not that good an idea anyway.

Its a GT - that means its a powerful cruiser and build for comfort. Up to 25mph most little nippy cars (or vans) will keep up, after that the longer legs will leave them behind.

Oh and like the other comments, leave off the traction control for a better start.

Not racing on the streets, but it would be nice to get in front of white van man in a sports car and not have him giving

you the wan***er sign out the window.

I had a XK8 auto which I loved driving but got bored with it after 2 years so changed it, great car 0-60 6.1sec and 16.8mpg around

town. Now got a 350Z 06 Gt Uk car its manual 0-60 5.6 sec and supposed to be 18.6 mpg. Mine 350Z does 13 mpg in town and I got

out excellerated by a transit van today, and I was trying to beat it, bit embarrassing to be beaten by a transit in a sports car,

lol.

That is all.

:welcome:

Not racing on the streets, but it would be nice to get in front of white van man in a sports car and not have him giving

Yeah, I can see that might sting a bit after just buying it.

Both the XK and the Zed are about the same BHP, but completely different in how they excellerate, very dissapointed in th Zed.

Both the XK and the Zed are about the same BHP, but completely different in how they excellerate, very dissapointed in th Zed.

I'd sell the Z. Honestly its really slow. Everyone hides its slow but it is, you got conned tbh. I'd buy something else :thumbs:

• Like 1