What super does everyone use?

HARMLU

Have a look at the 'relics' on the shelf in reception next time you visit Abbey Motorsport and ask Mark about about using the 'wrong' fuel.

The ZEDs are 'mapped' from the factory to use 98+ in the UK, but that does not mean you can't use lower octane and indeed they can be mapped for that purpose.

But experience has shown that the rev-up engines in particular seem susceptible to premature wear and high oil consumption, and regular use of non-super fuel has not helped.

Have a look at what Mark says here (and floowing posts):

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/52658-another-engine-needed-2-blown-350zs-in-1-week/page__st__40__hl__detonation#entry782853

I use mainly Sainsbury, Tesco or BP, there is a shell right next to work, but its more expensive than the others, the only one I don't use is Texaco, had a dirty batch once from them, think it was the station not the brand, but it put me off. only use them in emergency in the southwest where they seem to be everywhere.

I use BP97 and only BP97. Tesco pulled their momentum from Northern Ireland and Shell pulled out completely, so BP Ultimate 97 is my only option. There are a few other garages that sell Super but even after emailing them, I have no idea what rating it is, so I just use BP due to the double Nectar points :D

V-Power, because I have 2 garages within a mile of me and I get double Shell points for using it*

*For every million pounds spent on fuel, I get 1p off a packet of jaffa cakes.

I did not know that, winning! God I love Jaffas :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Considering I live in the middle of nowhere I'm lucky to have two 24 hour Shell garage within 2 miles of me. There's a 24 hour Texaco one about 3 miles away too. I don't bother with ASDA as there's always a 5 or 6 deep queue at every pump.

Pete

Ok, so I haven't read this thread for a while now but seem to remember somebody saying that it's the chemicals that the supermarkets add to the fuel that makes them less quality to the premium brands...

After speaking to a good friend of mine who has bee working at Exxon Mobil for over 20 years, he told me it was the opposite. It's chemicals such as injector cleaner that the premium brands add which increases the quality of the fuel and keeps your engine kicking!

To conclude, my opinion is that (providing it is super unleaded) the supermarket fuels are fine, but it is definitely worth filling up now and again with the likes of bp/shell/esso :thumbs:

exactley! so for an extra 4 or 5 bhp at BEST or paying an extra £4 or £5 its only a benefit if you reaching for that extra couple of bhp, and that could only be for a dyno readout (99% of us anyway). good watch, thanks :)

Good watch :thumbs:

However, if you look at the bit when she talks about RON rating, 350z is designed for 98+. By putting a standard fuel in (eg asda), you could be subjecting the 350's engine to pre-detonation which = bad news in the long run!

By starting this thread I was looking at people's opinions of the different brands of premium unleaded. Also taking in to account a lot of the premium unleaded is now 97 ron (such as Sainsbury's and BP Ultimate). Is this going to affect the engine's detonation?

I think from now on I will fill up wih tesco 99 ron and now and again treat Bertha to a tank of V-Power to clean the fuel system.