So BM refurbed his Volks (again)...

BulletMagnet

Picked up my freshly refurbed Volks today from Wheel Genie and am very pleased with the results.

Hopefully my wheel cleaning regime will be a lot easier from now on.

Proof you can fit two 19" alloys in the front seat :)

675081FE-BEBB-48EE-A30B-F2CD51017B9A-74764-00000803B6D01033_zpsec7200c1.jpg

Here is the finish, dishes are shadow chrome and centres are sparkle silver, which is slightly brighter than the original factory finish.

4CBDEC4E-7C7E-4D18-A1AC-CE8F6819033C-74764-00000803C75915BB_zps8ffd6b6f.jpg

While the dishes aren't as shiny polished as before, they still retain enough shine while being a bit tougher against the elements (read "I don't have to polish them every week")

6088F728-2627-4955-A1B7-6D13627F7B8F-74764-00000803D3286302_zps26f29f3b.jpg

So if anybody is looking for a refurb job, I can only recommend Wheel Genie :thumbs:

***UPDATE***

Added pics I took with DLSR

Before refurb

IMG_3209_zps37172ce8.jpg

IMG_3208_zps65e5b8da.jpg

And after

IMG_3212_zps3d25add9.jpg

IMG_3213_zpsd3c3fef5.jpg

IMG_3215_zpsea9544bc.jpg

IMG_3217_zps5b4a19f9.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet

Well, as long as the gritters are out there, these are staying off the car.

But fear not fellow Zeditis sufferers, the K2 replacement has arrived in the UK awaiting delivery to me.

It was picked up in Los Angeles yesterday @15:18 local time and arrived in the East Midlands sorting office this evening at around 19:30.

I am very impressed that it took DHL express less than 24 hours from the West Coast USA to the UK, even with a 4 hour stop over in Cincinatti, Ohio :thumbs:

Edited by BulletMagnet

Its the 4 days it will take to get from East Midlands to you that will do your head in ;)

You better be kidding Chris :lol:

I know Chris (Tarmac) has always delivered, pardon the pun, on his promises.

My brother ordered some Hotchkis sway bars from the US via Tarmac and they arrived very quickly ;)

How come you had to have them refurbed again bud? Did the finish not last?

I think mine could just about do with a refurb now... i left them on just a little to long over winter and i think i might have fubar'd them. Will consider sending them for a refurb next winter.

They look really nice. B)

I've been planning on a trip to Wheel Genie for a while now, but hadn't got round to it yet.

I was also struggling to decide on a finish, whether or not to have the rim polished and lacquered or painted. I do like the finish on yours quite a lot so that's food for thought. :)