Heads up - Channel 4 tonight -10pm

Ebized

I have very little sympathy for any of the parties involved. for the Knightsbridge old guard; get over it. yes there are people with more money than them, and yes they are Arabs. and for the guys from the gulf. if you drive like a tit, expect to get pulled just like the rest of us mortals. did enjoy the nice metal though. but with so much in one place it almost makes them common. bit like Cheshire lol

When they interviewed the copper, he got it spot on.

He liked the diversity and atmosphere and at night, it is very relaxed, only problem being a few loud cars.

I once had to drive a Lamborghini LP640 or whatever they are called from a mansion in Surrey to a restaurant in Knightsbridge/Park Lane. Perk of the job.

We meaning "security professionals"(Arf) welcome it as the super rich guys have a backup vehicle following them with a 3-4 man security team, all on £225-£300 a day staying in luxury hotels for 2-3 months.

I will be with my Arab family again but sadly only for 3 weeks.

A very easy number with the only threat being pi**ed up people in kebab/burger bars.

I have very little sympathy for any of the parties involved. for the Knightsbridge old guard; get over it. yes there are people with more money than them, and yes they are Arabs. and for the guys from the gulf. if you drive like a tit, expect to get pulled just like the rest of us mortals. did enjoy the nice metal though. but with so much in one place it almost makes them common. bit like Cheshire lol

I find myself agreeing with you Biscuit, not a great deal of sympathy or interest in either party if I'm totally honest. I don't have any issues with these young guys enjoying thier income, their affluence and having fun, but there is a time and a place. The reason they come to London is because they want to go clubbing, pick up girls and have a bit of freedom, not a problem in itself. Although the reason they do it here is presumably because its against the faith based rule of law in their own environment. It concerns me however that the culture they are from, because of its tribal and traditional nature, does not (for the most part) respect the rights of women or others outside of their circle or from different cultures, in my experience. The notion of respect is different from our own culture, we have to understand that, one would hoe they understand our culture and notion of respect etc.

As for the more traditional residents of Knightsbridge or Kensington / Chealsea I thought their views were racist and hypocritical. I can understand the frustration of the noise but for god sake you live in a major world capital city, it gets noisy. If it's that bad buy and wear earplugs. Also, if you cannot enjoy and appreciate the diverstity and cultural opportunities of living in such a place, then maybe it's not the right place for you to be.

Finally those residents, having spent the last 20 years or so enjoying the increase in the value of thier property or estate. This being especialy so in the last 5 -10 years with new Arab, Russian and Chinese money flowing in to the capital. I am amazed they then have the audacity and bare faced cheek to criticise the very source of that wealth which has increased their own substantially in proportion to the majority of those around them. If you enjoy those benefits then you also have to be prepared to move forward and embrace change, whether it be culturaly, societal or politcal and live with it.

Basically, Young Arabs - Guys, come over here and enjoy yourselves, have fun but abide by the rules and try to understand and have some respect for others. Old Fogeys - Embrace the cultural change, enjoy the atmosphere and new sense of life its bringing. Or if you don't like, buy some ear plugs, and flog your Knightsbidge / Kensington apartment to an Arab, Chinese or Russian sugar daddy for 25% more than its worth and buy a nice place in the country :)

flog your Knightsbidge / Kensington apartment to an Arab, Chinese or Russian sugar daddy for 25% more than its worth and buy a nice place in the country :)

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw them complaining. Use the new money as a nice way to move out of the smoke into a nice big country mansion :teeth:

• Like 1

If the residents of Knightsbridge are so upset, why don't they contact their local authority and ask them to put speed humps in their area, problem solved!

Personally, I don't envy anyone's car etc, as long as they have worked for it and others haven't suffered. Also I would rather have a 8 year old 350Z and live where I am, rather than have all that wealth and live in a "Desert" as one of the young guys said. To live in a place where everyone can have anything they want does not appeal to me.

If the residents of Knightsbridge are so upset, why don't they contact their local authority and ask them to put speed humps in their area, problem solved!

Personally, I don't envy anyone's car etc, as long as they have worked for it and others haven't suffered. Also I would rather have a 8 year old 350Z and live where I am, rather than have all that wealth and live in a "Desert" as one of the young guys said. To live in a place where everyone can have anything they want does not appeal to me.

They had speed humps allover knightsbridge which were laid down in the mid 90's

Then Mr livingstone they introduced the Bendy Bus and low floor bus for disabled passengers.

Day 1, 09:00 one Sunday morning 100 new buses hit the streets of West and central London.

Day 1 09;30 a code red alert goes out from TFL informing all low floor Buses to pull over and stop.

5 buses had frontal damage and one (Idiot) ripped the front axle off.

Over the next 6 months a big dig up operation was ensued to lower the humps and remove completely the ones on Bus routes.

Had they decided not to do a u-turn on the Routemaster which was higher, none of the above would have happened.

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

Sadly I think we Brits have a far worse reputation when 'we' go abroad and let our hair down..... :shrug:

And frankly what those lads were getting up too is no different to the organized 'cruises' here - the only difference is their cars (mainly) look a whole lot nicer and certainly sound better :lol:

Interesting when the guy with the matt black Aventor got pulled and his car impounded for (allegedly) having no insurance, in that he did not throw his toys out and was very laid back - just meant he had to spend some of his small change to get his car back. So I can understand why the boys in blue feel one of theirs on a cycle is all that is needed to 'police' the area.

Toffee-nosed locals also ought to learn some manners themseles obstructing the pavements :bangin:

What got me in the whole show was that these old farts were getting together at each other's houses and trying to find ways to campaign, etc..

WTF?!? Why were they so afraid to go and speak to the car drivers themselves and raise their concerns?! It's almost as if they saw them as a different species to themselves, and that I can only put down to racism. It's the typical english stab you in the back mentality (not being racist :lol:).

Fact is, council isn't going to do anything other then put a few more police patrols in place as they said in the show that it brings in around £100m to the economy. For a month or two, and such a small group of people, that is amazing!

Oh and that aventador getting towed?! - That was really poor judgement from the officer imo. He could NOT prove that he didn't have insurance. That's not Rashid's fault, he can only show him the paperwork he has.

Edited by wizard

flog your Knightsbidge / Kensington apartment to an Arab, Chinese or Russian sugar daddy for 25% more than its worth and buy a nice place in the country :)

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw them complaining. Use the new money as a nice way to move out of the smoke into a nice big country mansion :teeth:

Like recent monied neighbours to Oulton and Mallory Parks and use your wealth and social clout to demand further noise restrictions :(

S.

No way are the authorities going want to be seen getting tough on the Arabs, or anyone else for that matter who are spending BIG money here, as they are probably our best bet of getting out of the recession :lol:

Anyone who saw those insights into Claridges with rooms costing up to £7k a night and they invariably have no vacancies, is just the tip of the iceberg of terms of what tourism brings in for the UK economy.

Like recent monied neighbours to Oulton and Mallory Parks and use your wealth and social clout to demand further noise restrictions :(

S.

No they should be lined up and shot. I have no sympathy for anyone that moves into a house within ear shot of a race track. It was there first (and in most cases an airfield prior to that), so they should be made to live with it. They should have done more research into the surrounding area before moving there. Probably they got a "bargin" and now they know why! :lol: Same happened at Castle Coombe all the time.

S.

I'm afraid I have no time for people like that, in my view they can,..... *ahem* "Do one"

The reason the residents were pee'd off was because they had more wonga!!

What I'd love to do is get a few of us together and drive down that chaps road opposite Harrods and belt the loving daylighta out of his road. What's he going to say then? Bloody Japanese?

Toff off to Chelsea, actually don't do that because the Chelsea cruise has been going on for some 100 years....(I think)

Interesting prog though. Nice one Colin.

Gonna put my two penneth in!

Awesome cars and all the 'Arabs' in the programme seemed like decent, polite amenable chaps. Not one of the snobs complaining approached them to ask politely if they wouldn't mind not driving their cars at speed past their homes past a certain time.

Sure i'm envious of them being born into wealth but i certainly don't begrudge them.

• Like 1