Christmas gifts/bonus from work, what do u get ?

neo

Just Spoke to me nephew who as worked part time for about 5 months at a well known company which i will call 'sven's furniture' :wink:

he got a 64gb blackberry playbook :surrender: :surrender: as his christmas gift ( yes i know it's not cutting edge tech)

All i got was a works Christmas dinner for £10 a head, if the meal came to any more we'd have to make up the difference ffs :rant:

What do you all get ????

All i got was a works Christmas dinner for £10 a head, if the meal came to any more we'd have to make up the difference ffs :rant:

What do you all get ????

If it's any consolation, sounds like my wife's lot. Got to drop here off for her works do/meal later. Told her to give me a ring after half an hour or her £10 bonus is used up, whichever is sooner. :1:

Looking at that set-up that's all the energy your wind farms have generated used up then :1: :lol:

Christmas bonus? - you're having a giraffe :doh:

All I know is (and I suspect like most of the working population) Christmas is just an increasing money-pit, since :santa: stopped coming to my house.

sod all. never had anything bonus or paid for party as long as I've worked there and that's about 7/8 years. think in the past it was different not anymore. Ho hum. might have to get a job at svens furniture lol

Your Christmas bonus is waiting to be posted. Haven't forgotten about you. Just reminded me to chase Holdcrofts. :blush:

I get to attend my clients Christmas party, which all attendee's had to contribute to financially, I expect they might chuck in a round of drinks.

To be fair I don't expect anything as a contractor, especially as they are cutting costs and cutting people, so its just nice I got an invite.

I think it would be a bit rich if they let a load of people go before Christmas and then allow everyone who's left to 'blast off' at the Christmas do.

I got put into a consultation period for redundancies in January

Hohoho meeeeeeeeerry Christmas!

Hope you survive that Ricey, although I guess it's better to know what might be ahead now rather than spending a load of money over Christmas and then finding out. Another company I worked for decided they would need to cut some staff but would do it in January so as not to spoil peoples Christmas. I persuaded them that wasn't fair to the people what were earmarked for redundancy, they eventually relented.

I spent the last week in November and first week in December telling those people they were going to lose their jobs, horrible feeling which made me feel quite sick. However I do remember that a couple of the people I spoke to were actually grateful (as much as they could be) to know up front and before they'd spent a load of money.Didn't make me feel any better but I hope it was the right thing for those people.

sod all. never had anything bonus or paid for party as long as I've worked there and that's about 7/8 years. think in the past it was different not anymore. Ho hum. might have to get a job at svens furniture lol

Your Christmas bonus is waiting to be posted. Haven't forgotten about you. Just reminded me to chase Holdcrofts. :blush:

lol cheers mate. I'd forgotten if I'm honest. cool that'll do nicely as a Christmas bonus :)

cars going lovely as well. out most weekends with her and just love the power and the luxury compared to my old banger fiesta.

gutting for people getting redundancy notices at this time of year, agree that it's best to find out before spending loads on Xmas presents though.

I got put into a consultation period for redundancies in January

Hohoho meeeeeeeeerry Christmas!

Bad sh1t dude, if it does go the wrong way hope you get a decent lump sum! Hope it works out right for ya.

It'll be statutory mate.....this company don't have a pot to **** in I reckon.

I may be ok but it's all a bit of an unknown. No numbers, no departments.......just stuck everyone into consultation.

The company I worked for always looked after us at Christmas. We had a bonus of anything up to 12% of our salary, a Christmas hamper and a party to which you could bring your other half, usually in a posh hotel. Now I've retired all I get is £200 cash from the government towards my heating bill :smile: .

Pete

The company I worked for always looked after us at Christmas. We had a bonus of anything up to 12% of our salary, a Christmas hamper and a party to which you could bring your other half, usually in a posh hotel. Now I've retired all I get is £200 cash from the government towards my heating bill :smile: .

Pete

:console: