Ten things you hate about modern day society?

stuarty

Stupid people. If we could have a cull or legalise post-natal abortion, then if we just got rid of all the stupid people then we'd instantly have a better world.

Everything else that people have mentioned on this thread anniys me too, but at least I can understand the reasoning behind most of them (politicians want more power, drivers can't be arsed to use their indicators etc), but there is literally no benefit to being stupid. Hitler had the right idea, he just picked the wrong group of people. ;)

• Like 2

My 10 from a 21 year old these are based around a car culture life as thats what my life is atm i dont really have to bother with pensions or anything just yet :), in no real order

1) 'Scene hate' as in this VW crowd hate jap JDM hate american Americans hate everything lol

2) Price of Running a car

3) 'Scene Kids' they wonder around car shows dressed head to toe in illest clothing and a 1000 cannibeat illest stickers on there car slammed on ebay suspension and replica wheels ( not sayin there anything wrong with replica wheels just if you going to dress and act like the illest crowd in the state, at least build the cars to a quality they do

4) Drifting has turned from 3-4 years ago a scene full of nice tuned up jap cars to what could be mistaken for banger racing, old non road worthy volvos and bmw with random stuff all down the side of them.

5) Street Racing keep seeing news reports from lakeside area of idiots racing there 1.0 corsa and crashing them giveing the aftermarket a bad name

6) Facebook i cant lie i use it every day but there is always argument or some bullshit going around on it

7) Not so much cars but girls i dunno if any of the youger lot on here will agree but, to get intrest from a Girl now you have to be a dress act and talk like a extra character from the only way is essex

8) The potential new law to make Non standard road cars illegal in the EU

9) Insurance for younger drivers is a joke

10)The tax man please leave me some every now and againg :)

There are more worldwide things i disagree with but dont directly effect me

Edited by StevoD

I've always said If you hate driving, you probably live to far south! :lol: But it's definitely true the further north and west you go the easier it gets.

Wales/Scotland are an excellent tonic, as are track days, I recommend both.

political correctness

the health and safety facists (i'm all for safety but its got to a point these days where its creating jobs for arseholes) we lived just fine with out bubblewrapping ourselves up. theres nothing wrong with an accident as long as its not fatal; reminds you your still human.

I'll give you a prime example. In my workplace if i want to get something up high i'm not allowed to use the ladder as i haven't had the ladder training. but i can stand on a chair, or table or even stack the too ontop of each other and get it. but if i have had the training i'm not allowed to stand on a chair to reach stuff? go figure?

what ever happended for taking responsibility for your own stupidity? they seem to be idiot proofing the world; but how will darwins theory of evolution work if the studpid people can;t wipe themselves out and remove their genetic material from the evolutionary gene pool, if someone has bubble wrapped the guard on a bench saw?

Only 1 - moaners, life's too short, enjoy it before it's gone - sure things annoy us but get it in perspective - we are all driving around in Z's so life ain't bad is it.

I'll agree with 'moaners' as long as I can add 'who make no attempt to change the things they moan about'.

There's nothing wrong with being dissatisfied about stuff, as that's the only thing that forces change. If everyone just sat on their hands and thought 'oh well, could be worse' nothing would ever change.

Also the war on speed. Essentially the incredibly lazy attempt to reduce KSI statistics by ensuring that all accidents are minor because everyone will be going at 20mph, rather than actually addressing the cause of the accident in the first place. They basically picked the most easily policeable factor and started making like it was the be-all and end-all of accident causality, which could hardly be further from the truth. :rant:

DB

political correctness

the health and safety facists (i'm all for safety but its got to a point these days where its creating jobs for arseholes) we lived just fine with out bubblewrapping ourselves up. theres nothing wrong with an accident as long as its not fatal; reminds you your still human.

I'll give you a prime example. In my workplace if i want to get something up high i'm not allowed to use the ladder as i haven't had the ladder training. but i can stand on a chair, or table or even stack the too ontop of each other and get it. but if i have had the training i'm not allowed to stand on a chair to reach stuff? go figure?

what ever happended for taking responsibility for your own stupidity? they seem to be idiot proofing the world; but how will darwins theory of evolution work if the studpid people can;t wipe themselves out and remove their genetic material from the evolutionary gene pool, if someone has bubble wrapped the guard on a bench saw?

I had ladder training earlier this year.

I admit I can be a bit of a tard at times, But I'm quite capable of using a ladder ffs :surrender:

Ebay - Makes it far to easy to spend money on parts for the zed my bedroom and garage are starting to look like an extra from Fast and furious. Also although bit of a contradiction, people who end ebay auctions early on stuff im bidding on although more fool them as often i find out the let it go for less than my highest bid stopping buying even more bits for my medical condition known as zeditis.

Seeing pictures of other peoples cars on this forum not only does it make me feel sad about the state of my zed it stops me wanting to go to meets until the car has had its winter make over and it keeps making me use facebook more.

The Justice System - The fact that the driver that killed my brother got off without a fine, points or anything.

Payrises - Non exsistant not helping with my zeditis

Peoples Driving - 75% of people on the road shouldn't be in my opinion. Red light means stop amber doesnt mean oh lets go through and block the other dirrection for a whole cycle of lights Tos***rs

Teenagers - self explanatory

reality TV (Especially Essex BS) - Yes im from Essex ,and no im not orange, i can speak in english i do have a real job i do have a brain and yes i want to kill them all.

making opinions on things you have no real knowledge of - pretty self explanatory but people who know nothing on a topic preaching there opinion when they have no real knowledge of the subject, have not experienced it or just based on conjecture and biased newspapper reports.

reality TV (Especially Essex BS) - Yes im from Essex ,and no im not orange, i can speak in english i do have a real job i do have a brain and yes i want to kill them all.

making opinions on things you have no real knowledge of - pretty self explanatory but people who know nothing on a topic preaching there opinion when they have no real knowledge of the subject, have not experienced it or just based on conjecture and biased newspapper reports.

Hate to say this matey, but aren't you guilty of the second point there by insinuating that all on TOWIE don't have brains? ;)

maybe i am, arent we all guilty of the things we hate sometimes. actually the point was i hate reality tv fullstop. However my gripe with towie is now when ever im outside essex and i meet people and they find out im from essex they assume i am a fake, thick as @*!# chav when im not. I am not actually saying they dont have brains although from the little i have seen of the show about 10mins i doubt they do lol but that type of person is not the everyday person from Essex they are a small minority giving the whole county a bad name.

but this makes me chuckle

http://www.youtube.c...354675689,d.eWU

Edited by rodgeevans