Ten things you hate about modern day society?

stuarty

At least TOWIE has dismissed all those white stilleto and Essex girl jokes that were the norm when I was a teenage Essex boy....

Yeah but those jokes were based on fact :lol::stir:

I actually saw a girl put tipex on a computer screen at chelmer valley high :lol:

Brilliant that has made my day

1) Cold calling - If I want something I'll blooming well find it myself thanks. Like the rest of the population I have the internet if I can't be arsed to pick up the phone to find stuff out.

Also, now we have a baby the calls wake the boy up too.

2) Offshore call centres. Especially cold calling offshore call centres!

I should point out that this isn't a nationalist BNP type thing, it's the fact that;

a) Our employment / economy is so fooked up that we can't employ tax paying residents of our fine Country to do the work.

b ) I spend twice as long explaining an issue due to accents (maybe it's mine, who knows :D) and then I have no confidence that the conversation has actually been understood and will be resolved.

Edited by Leeroy

Red tape and processes that do nothing but make things that should be simple end up confusing and taking up a ridiculous amount of time. Also not being able to buy more than two paracetamol based products at a time at some supermarkets. Ridiculous !!

If I really wanted to commit suicide via paracetamol I would just visit the same store on 5 seperate occasions and wash the tablets down with a bottle of Vodka. I just happen to suffer with a bad back !!

STUPID !!

Rant over lol

Red tape and processes that do nothing but make things that should be simple end up confusing and taking up a ridiculous amount of time. Also not being able to buy more than two paracetamol based products at a time at some supermarkets. Ridiculous !!

If I really wanted to commit suicide via paracetamol I would just visit the same store on 5 seperate occasions and wash the tablets down with a bottle of Vodka. I just happen to suffer with a bad back !!

STUPID !!

Rant over lol

You also can't take any to the zoo cos apparently the parrots-eat-em-all

:tumbleweed:

• Like 2

I actually saw a girl put tipex on a computer screen at chelmer valley high :lol:

I used to teach at that school :lol:

Lived just round the corner went to the primary down the road in Broomfield and the to Chelmer Valley for my sins..... Not sure you taught me Rich as I left in 1985 :wheelchair:

i was there between 2005 and 2008

if you left in 85 that must make you 43 if i am correct as i left school in 93 :lol:

I don't like the fact that you can't play with the animals at the zoo.

:lol: What??

Well I dont, went to a zoo in france and the otters were putting their paws through the grill so you could touch em. I'm sure they just wanted to eat our fingers though.

I used to teach at that school :lol:

Lived just round the corner went to the primary down the road in Broomfield and the to Chelmer Valley for my sins..... Not sure you taught me Rich as I left in 1985 :wheelchair:

i was there between 2005 and 2008

if you left in 85 that must make you 43 if i am correct as i left school in 93 :lol:

Good maths ;)

Today I am mostly irritated by..............babies and small children making a racket in pubs and restaurants accompanied by parents who don't realise that not everyone thinks their kids are as interesting and charming as they do!

I find the best cure is to go run around their table screaming like an annoying child. they get the message pretty quickly