Started on wrong foot

Just asked a couple of questions on wrong part of site,trying hard to buy my first z,but struggling with distances to travel to find a good one,I am looking for a 55 or 56 plate on lower tax bracket but want it in excellent condition,most seem marked on wheels,interior door handles, drivers seat and bonnet,got a budget of £8000-£10000,anyone know of a z out there that fits the bill?most dealers seem to be looking at a different car to me.

Stay tuned - One month until mine goes on Market give or take :p

Also it will be hard to find no marks on the interior... they used a horrible rubberised paint and it scratches very easily. The good part is you can remove them, sand them and give them a respray.

Don't give them to Keyser though or they'll come back green.

Edited by ThriftyFifty

Welcome. best thing I can advise is to take your time. Another one always comes up. I waited and waited saw lots of adverts for okish ones and then a stunner cam along. With no bodywork wheel or interior issues. good luck in your hunt just don't rush is what I'd say.

I am looking for a 55 or 56 plate on lower tax bracket but want it in excellent condition

Welcome along :wave: . Sorry but you won't find a 56 plate at the lower tax rate. In theory at least, it is possible to find one on an 06 plate but the car would have to have been registered in the first couple of weeks of March 2006 and this was around the date of the crossover from the original Zed to the facelift models then very few were actually registered in that period..

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Stay tuned - One month until mine goes on Market give or take :p

Also it will be hard to find no marks on the interior... they used a horrible rubberised paint and it scratches very easily. The good part is you can remove them, sand them and give them a respray.

Don't give them to Keyser though or they'll come back green.

Oi Oi .......

OK it's true

Welcome to the OP.

This makes me feel like I was very lucky with mine? But saying that I found loads of great example for well under your budget.

I paid under £6k for mine just 3 days ago and if you can find a mark on the outside or inside ill eat my hat. Plenty of great example out there, you may just have to do some travelling.

Welcome.

I was in the same boat as you but unfortunately for me I was like a kid in a candy shop and purchased the 1st one that I saw. Azure blue, roadster 33,000 I didnt see past the shiny bits. So when I actually got it home and properly checked it over I found quiet a few 'quirks'

For your budget though you should easily get what you want but like the others have said you will probably need to travel.

If you update your profile then we will know where you are located. If your local to me you can come and have a gander at mine and I can point out what to look out for.

I was in the same boat as you but unfortunately for me I was like a kid in a candy shop and purchased the 1st one that I saw. Azure blue, roadster 33,000 I didnt see past the shiny bits. So when I actually got it home and properly checked it over I found quiet a few 'quirks'

For your budget though you should easily get what you want but like the others have said you will probably need to travel.

If you update your profile then we will know where you are located. If your local to me you can come and have a gander at mine and I can point out what to look out for.

Now that's forum dedication! :)

most seem marked on wheels,interior door handles, drivers seat and bonnet

Excellent seats and bonnet should be doable, but on a 6-7 year old car, you'll be hard pushed to get perfect wheels and door handles (Unless someone has already refurbed them). These are always things that you can get money knocked off for if you find a decent car that you like. Wheel refurb would be about £250 and there are guides on the forum on how to respray the door handles yourself...

... :welcome: