New Job!

brillomaster

Thought i'd share a bit of good news! After the last four years managing market research projects for clients i have no interest in (skincare and healthcare products, and cheese :dry: ) and for a company that hasnt promoted anyone for 2 years, hasnt given payrises for 2 years, and after realising i was getting paid less than people who'd been in the company half the time i had, i decided enough was enough.... the work wasnt difficult, but just wasn't interesting or rewarding, so looked elsewhere....

So, i know i wanted to do something related to the thing i like... cars, and racing! was going to apply for the Aston Martin and Jag Landrover Grad Schemes, but happened to also look on the Prodrive website, since i know they're just down the road. And seems they were recruiting for a project coordinator, to start as soon as possible! winged them across a CV, and then one interview and some online aptitude tests later, they offered me a job! :teeth:

Massively massively pleased, so happy to be leaving a dead end job and working for possibly the most reputatble racing outfit in the UK, Prodrive! and yes, managed to negotiate a 24% pay rise for the same working hours, so dead chuffed! :teeth: Going to be spending all day around cars and automotive technology - all they do is performance motoring!

Only thing im worried about is that its 20 miles away - which equates to 9600 miles a year! dont really want to put that on the zed, so will probably buy a cheap diesel snotter just for commuting and keep the zed for weekends.

but overall, really pleased! start on the 4th of December!

A big congratulations mate, some things are just meant to be! You must be dead excited and chuffed with this new adventure and Im looking forward to seeing lots of pics when your looking around various motors :teeth:

Hey well done matey, I know exactly where they are and jealous of your achievement, that would be one company I'd love to work for.

Next a scooby on the list then ;)

If you get any free rally tickets you know where I am ;)

All the best in your new job :thumbs:

Yes unfortunately the long standing subaru partnership has ended - nowadays they're mainly preparing all the Aston Martin GT cars, and the mini countryman WRC cars.

They did take me to their museum/show off room after the interview... lots of lovely motors, including a rothmans metro 6R4, numerous world championship winning subarus, Aston Martin DBR9, BAR Honda F1 car, and a rather tasty Gulf liveried Lola LMP1 car.... if im ever having a bad day i'll just take a wander round there to get my spirits up!

i unfortunately wont be working with race cars, ill be on the automotive technology side, but still, it'll all be chassis development and optimisation, the famous prodrive active differentials, and then fabrication of other components and composite materials. However im no engineer so i wont be doing that myself, but i'll be making sure that the projects run on time and on budget :thumbs:

I am a bit nervous, but hopefully i'll pick it up quickly - plus my passion for all things automotive hopefully shone through in the interview - anything that makes a car go, stop or corner better is well up my street!