C5UPE needs a new owner *SOLD

coldel

Prologue. I love this car, I have spent every day thinking how I can improve it, and have done so where I can. 'Coupe' is a regular at south east meets and has many admirers due to its rather unique styling, apt number plate and of course its enthusiastic owner. Feel free to PM south east owners who can vouch for it.

Its a 2004 Kuro Black 350z GT for sale C5UPE - £10000

It is GT version (so for the new guys on here) comes with the following over non GT:

-Leather heated seats

-Cruise Control

-BOSE sound system (CD player does not skip and works fine use it every time im out in the Zed)

61k on the clock (5th August 2012) and used a few times a week so will rise slightly each week, tax till end of the year MoT till Feb 2013.

Bought in April 2011 in stock condition and has since seen lots of care and attention. In the way of mechanical upkeep it has needed:

-New Clutch and Flywheel at 46k miles

-Front and rear re-sprayed

-New cv joint to cure common clicky axle problem

It has been extensively modified to make the most of the looks and engine potential:

Exterior

-Volks Racing 19†GT-V two colour alloys with Falken 452 tyres plenty of tread

-Black Diamond Brake Pads and Discs changed Feb 2012

-HKS Braided Brake Lines

-Stillen front splitter

-Aerokit side steps

-Front bumper grille insert

-Debadged and smoothed front and back

-Bosch Aeroblade wipers on front and back

-Custom 350z badge on back

-Bumper tuck

Interior

-Carbon wrapped rear strut, steering wheel and door grabs

-Black satin wrapped centre console

-Momo matching handbrake and gear lever

-Vertical tonneau boot separator

-Bluetooth handsfree

Mechanical

-Stillen cold air intake

-Berk Technology High Flow Cats

-Milltek cat back exhaust

-Motordyne Plenum Spacer

-Horsham Developments Grounding Kit in red

-Denso Iridium Sparks replaced 8 months ago

-Aluminum cooling panel

-Custom engine bay bolt kit in red

-Nismo rad and oil caps

-Some spray work to code to red

All topped off with a remap at Abbey which I can provide dyno print outs for - the remap gave gains of 14bhp and 17lbft of torque but most importantly ironed out the 'divots' in the power graphs to give a smoother and more progressive drive.

Private plate will be sold with the car valued at £1175 by DVLA when I bought the car, I have plates made up that your can put on it which are spaced and non spaced ie C5UPE and C5 UPE, its up to you what you want to fit never been stopped by plod for the spacing. Last service was done Dec 11 by an independent that included all the normal items plus a change on the belts and complete change of gear and diff oil with Nissan oils along with molyslip.

As with any eight year old car there are a few things that are what you would call bad points:

-Bodywork is average, up close some scratches on the paintwork, stand a little back though and not noticeable

-Chip in the front splitter, in the middle, underneath, not very noticeable unless you know its there

-Alloys need a refurb with kerbing on two of them

-Small rust spot on front fender needs a chipsaway or similar attention

I also have a set of standard 18" (not Rays) alloys with bridgestone tyres on which will come with the car. Perfect for taking it on the track if that’s what you want or for using over winter.

Also had two days of Wasso sessions, full body machine polish and sealed with Supernatural wax which I have topped up so there is a decent wax seal on there which will last you the next couple of months at least. I have a box of spare bits (ie the bolts removed for the plenum spacer, a couple of 350z badges etc) which you can take also.

I have a build thread here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=57926 to give you an idea of all the work I have done, its pretty exhaustive and have fixed everything that needed doing. She just needs a kind owner now...

Clean2-1.jpg

Clean1-1.jpg

Clean3.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I know, gutted and already dreading seeing it drive off without me in it.

Change of job circumstance means she has to go on the For Sale section.

Just been outside polishing the front bumper with bug and tar remover...going to miss my weekly cleaning sessions :byebye:

Really sorry to see this happen but then life has priorities meaning head has to rule heart. :console:

Having seen your car several times and enjoyed drives with you, someone is going to one of the best looking and cared-for ZEDs to come on the market. Period.

Edit - taken from another thread to show how it has been looked after:

I would try to clean in between showers, you will notice that the rain, once dried, will leave rings of dirt on the car, if you use the rainwater you will be rubbing this into the car. I clean my car weekly, its got a great layer of supernatural wax on it as well which just beads the rain off but feel its important to keep it clean even when in rainy season to make sure none of the gunk that falls with the rain settles on the paintwork especially important if you are parking near or under trees etc.

Good luck with the sale but I think your way overpriced. There are MY07 HR zeds about now for less money and less mileage. :sorry:

Flog the plate and the Volks for £2k and flog the car for £8k........ :thumbs:

I know, could take it all back to stock, sell for £7k and get £4k for the plate, wheels, parts etc but

A. Love the car as it is and want it to stay that way

B. A lot of time and effort required that I dont have at the moment

C. Did I mention that I want it to stay the way it is and hopefully stay on the forum

Been on the cards for a while FUG, few little career issues at the moment mean I cant justify it sitting outside. I do like being on here, am an avid reader of info and can offer good opinions I think so will hang around, maybe get the bus to the SE meets :blush:

Been on the cards for a while FUG, few little career issues at the moment mean I cant justify it sitting outside. I do like being on here, am an avid reader of info and can offer good opinions I think so will hang around, maybe get the bus to the SE meets :blush:

I'm sure someone will let you be co pilot!

I'm sure someone will let you be co pilot!

Yeah but just be careful if Ricey offers to drive you somewhere and let you be co pilot. His idea of co pilot is letting you shift his gearknob. If you know what I mean!

Yeah I know Dave, there might be someone who wants something already up to speed vs stock and come and take a look (have two watchers on ebay :shrug: ) so will see how it goes. If not then I would consider a drop to £9k without the plate and sell the plate separately.