Clicking after a spirited drive

smudgedon

Sometimes it's quicker than that ;)

Was racing a mapped Focus ST and a Mk5 R32

Wow. As if people actually write things like this on an open public forum. Get a corsa/saxo instead :thumbs:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* cough*... silent rule of the forum broken .. * cough*... lol

But honestly... be sensible, take care..and no bragging :nono: lol

Its a fast car, just mind use your head when driving it. Yes.. I give safety advice..getting old..jesus..

* cough*... silent rule of the forum broken .. * cough*... lol

But honestly... be sensible, take care..and no bragging :nono: lol

Its a fast car, just mind use your head when driving it. Yes.. I give safety advice..getting old..jesus..

At least he has one :p

You brake the other rule. Not having one :p

I have never asked but I am going to take a wild guess now and say you a young lad - 21, 22? My advice is do as you will on your own time but it isn't wise to boast about it on the net matey.

P.s. Did you win? :lol: Or did the heavy wheels slow you down too much? :blush::lol:

Oi im a 22 year old lad and I'm responsible enough to never ever ever ever admit to loosing to a ST :teeth:

Woah guys!!! Really?!

Didn't realise you all bought a high performance car to go to the shops. None of you can say you haven't pushed that right pedal a little bit sometimes

Mods please lock before more abuse starts, which is no doubt will!

No need to lock it in my view, there is no abuse, just mild ribbing in the form of film quotes.

On a more serious note, we take road safety etc quite seriously. We are a car club, not just a forum. We want to ensure the meets that are organised through the club forum are safe. We have put bans on members attending meets before due to irresponsible driving.

The police have (and will continue to) looked at posts made on car club forums to put together a profile of drivers that are facing criminal charges. Posting 'I drove at 120 mph' or 'I raced a Focus RS on this road' etc etc might seem innocent. If you have an accident that might not have been your fault and they pull all these posts off the net and use it as evidence in court, what will the jury think?

On another note, we had a member a while ago that was involved in a fatal accident in his 350z. It's something that we don't really want to deal with again to be honest. If we can make people think about how they drive in a humorous way to avoid this then we will.

Now, I don't know how you drive on public roads but I know what you post here as does anyone else that logs on. Always keep this at the back of your mind.

As for buying a sports car to go to the shops.... Many did! Those that didn't though are directed to various driver training companies, track day companies etc. This is where it is safe to use the zed to FULL potential.

For anyone that wants to post up about racing on roads, driving at silly speeds etc etc then I suggest you find somewhere else to do it. If you do, then expect a ribbing, if you continue to do it expect a lot of ribbing.

This isn't aimed at you in the slightest, just so happens that it is on a thread you started.

Drive safe folks!

:lol::lol::lol::boxing:

Woah guys!!! Really?!

Didn't realise you all bought a high performance car to go to the shops. None of you can say you haven't pushed that right pedal a little bit sometimes

Mods please lock before more abuse starts, which is no doubt will!

No need to lock it in my view, there is no abuse, just mild ribbing in the form of film quotes.

On a more serious note, we take road safety etc quite seriously. We are a car club, not just a forum. We want to ensure the meets that are organised through the club forum are safe. We have put bans on members attending meets before due to irresponsible driving.

The police have (and will continue to) looked at posts made on car club forums to put together a profile of drivers that are facing criminal charges. Posting 'I drove at 120 mph' or 'I raced a Focus RS on this road' etc etc might seem innocent. If you have an accident that might not have been your fault and they pull all these posts off the net and use it as evidence in court, what will the jury think?

On another note, we had a member a while ago that was involved in a fatal accident in his 350z. It's something that we don't really want to deal with again to be honest. If we can make people think about how they drive in a humorous way to avoid this then we will.

Now, I don't know how you drive on public roads but I know what you post here as does anyone else that logs on. Always keep this at the back of your mind.

As for buying a sports car to go to the shops.... Many did! Those that didn't though are directed to various driver training companies, track day companies etc. This is where it is safe to use the zed to FULL potential.

For anyone that wants to post up about racing on roads, driving at silly speeds etc etc then I suggest you find somewhere else to do it. If you do, then expect a ribbing, if you continue to do it expect a lot of ribbing.

This isn't aimed at you in the slightest, just so happens that it is on a thread you started.

Drive safe folks!

+100000 Well Said Stew :thumbs:

Oh why don't I leave my 2p worth too :teeth:

Smudge - yet another one of your threads you have requested to be locked or deleted. This should maybe tell you something, and you should think very strongly about the content you are about to post in future.

Why you would think it is a good idea to post about racing on public roads on an open public forum is beyond me. And the banter you have rcvd in response has probably helped you more than you know.

This is an open forum, google search can read any of the posts. Not hard for police to use it.

There have been members from various car clubs in past 5 years who have had evidence from car forums submitted against them in court. As dan said earlier, go read the prison diary on PH. They used foprum evidence to throw the book at him.

Oh, and I did buy my Zed to go to the shops......it was my only car, and thus had to use it to go to the shops....

In answer to your question though....

Yeah, it'll be exhaust and heat shield cooling down.

And besides all that, you can never miss an opportunity to look at the reflection of your Zed as you drive past all the shop windows B):D

Oh why don't I leave my 2p worth too :teeth:

Smudge - yet another one of your threads you have requested to be locked or deleted. This should maybe tell you something, and you should think very strongly about the content you are about to post in future.

Why you would think it is a good idea to post about racing on public roads on an open public forum is beyond me. And the banter you have rcvd in response has probably helped you more than you know.

This is an open forum, google search can read any of the posts. Not hard for police to use it.

There have been members from various car clubs in past 5 years who have had evidence from car forums submitted against them in court. As dan said earlier, go read the prison diary on PH. They used foprum evidence to throw the book at him.

Oh, and I did buy my Zed to go to the shops......it was my only car, and thus had to use it to go to the shops....

In answer to your question though....

Yeah, it'll be exhaust and heat shield cooling down.