Clicking after a spirited drive

smudgedon

Noticed that after a "spirited drive home last night", pulled up at the lights and could hear a clicking sound from under the car, about once a second

I'm assuming the exhaust is just getting hot and expanding/contracting/ Or could it be a sign of something else?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...because everyone else on this forum is a sensible driver who has never exceeded the speed limit or raced another car :dry:

I haven't :p

But seriously, that's not the point. Do what you do in your own time but saying it on a public forum is another thing. I think as car clubs go they try to give themselves a good name and distance themselves from behaviour like that. You can see why. The club wont condone the actions of the op. in other forums saying you was racing or bragging about speeding on a "private" road will get you infraction points or banned.

Racing ain't cool kids, your not even allowed to do it on track. :teeth:

+1 :thumbs:

...because everyone else on this forum is a sensible driver who has never exceeded the speed limit or raced another car :dry:

I haven't :p

But seriously, that's not the point. Do what you do in your own time but saying it on a public forum is another thing. I think as car clubs go they try to give themselves a good name and distance themselves from behaviour like that. You can see why. The club wont condone the actions of the op. in other forums saying you was racing or bragging about speeding on a "private" road will get you infraction points or banned.

Racing ain't cool kids, your not even allowed to do it on track. :teeth:

Sometimes it's quicker than that ;)

Was racing a mapped Focus ST and a Mk5 R32

Were you racing for pink slips or to get the 'package' back to Dom? :lol:

Man, did you top out at 140? Maybe you need NOS......

Watch these floors though.

Sometimes it's quicker than that ;)

Was racing a mapped Focus ST and a Mk5 R32

Were you racing for pink slips or to get the 'package' back to Dom? :lol:

Man, did you top out at 140? Maybe you need NOS......

Watch these floors though.

Man you were granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should B)

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the trolling, not the bullshitting, not my pricing of loadsa @*!# I ain't gonna buy. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

I have never asked but I am going to take a wild guess now and say you a young lad - 21, 22? My advice is do as you will on your own time but it isn't wise to boast about it on the net matey.

P.s. Did you win? :lol: Or did the heavy wheels slow you down too much? :blush::lol:

Woah guys!!! Really?!

Didn't realise you all bought a high performance car to go to the shops. None of you can say you haven't pushed that right pedal a little bit sometimes

Mods please lock before more abuse starts, which is no doubt will!

Woah guys!!! Really?!

Didn't realise you all bought a high performance car to go to the shops. None of you can say you haven't pushed that right pedal a little bit sometimes

Mods please lock before more abuse starts, which is no doubt will!

No need to lock it in my view, there is no abuse, just mild ribbing in the form of film quotes.

On a more serious note, we take road safety etc quite seriously. We are a car club, not just a forum. We want to ensure the meets that are organised through the club forum are safe. We have put bans on members attending meets before due to irresponsible driving.

The police have (and will continue to) looked at posts made on car club forums to put together a profile of drivers that are facing criminal charges. Posting 'I drove at 120 mph' or 'I raced a Focus RS on this road' etc etc might seem innocent. If you have an accident that might not have been your fault and they pull all these posts off the net and use it as evidence in court, what will the jury think?

On another note, we had a member a while ago that was involved in a fatal accident in his 350z. It's something that we don't really want to deal with again to be honest. If we can make people think about how they drive in a humorous way to avoid this then we will.

Now, I don't know how you drive on public roads but I know what you post here as does anyone else that logs on. Always keep this at the back of your mind.

As for buying a sports car to go to the shops.... Many did! Those that didn't though are directed to various driver training companies, track day companies etc. This is where it is safe to use the zed to FULL potential.

For anyone that wants to post up about racing on roads, driving at silly speeds etc etc then I suggest you find somewhere else to do it. If you do, then expect a ribbing, if you continue to do it expect a lot of ribbing.

This isn't aimed at you in the slightest, just so happens that it is on a thread you started.

Drive safe folks!

I would suggest reading 10PS' prison diary on PH, and then deciding for yourself if posting about racing other cars on the internet is a good idea.

Incidentally, if you'd have phrased the post something like "Saw a Focus ST and R32 whilst out/Went out with my mates in their Focus ST and R32 for a blat, very impressed at how the Zed handled herself" then you'd more than likely have not been picked up on it.

Sure most do it with in the speed limits :blush: but if you post on site you cant expect people not to comment good or bad everyone has an opinion :p but how did the z get on out off the cars it was against ;)

The police have (and will continue to) looked at posts made on car club forums to put together a profile of drivers that are facing criminal charges.

+1

Not to mention the insurance companies keeping an eye open for potential fraudulent claims etc.

I don't think anyone is saying not to enjoy the car, but more so - time and place :drive1 As Stew said the club takes a fairly strict policy when it comes to driving behaviour, especially if there are any known links to the club. There have been MANY discussions on the subject, both positive and negative. :thumbs: