Finally got a Zed

smudgedon

After months of searching for the right one, and a bit of drama on here :wacko: i've finally got the keys to my Zed!

Picked it up from a place in Tonbridge, Kent. 65 point check on the car to which the only comment was "rear tyres have 6mm of tread". AA inspection also came back with no negatives apart from flexi pipe is a bit frayed, but aren't they all!

It's a 2004 (54) GT model. Previous owner added a few little touches like tonneau cover, LED sidelights, LED interior lights, iPod connection to Bose stereo, carbon fibre front bumper lip and carbon fibre cooling panel also

20120715_110654.jpg

KGrHqJHJBE-EtEG7nBPivMZWP2_12-1.jpg

20120715_110741.jpg

Plans are the usual stuff, lower on Eibachs, plenum spacer, HFC's, exhaust and UpRev :)

Already had a 200mile journey to MK and back this weekend and I love her :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed case of Zeditis, new wheels as well................. :stir::)

Ah yes forgot to add the stubby to my list!

And some black badges i think

Oh and the Nismo gear knob and bonnet lifters that i've already got

(zeditis may have set in early....)

I actually prefer these to the Rays tbh Cragus. I think the Rays sit too far inside the arches

Wheels will be one of the last things i do after tuning, most likely be taken to Abbey to get all that stuff done

Glad to see you got one anyways - let the modifications begin and good luck :thumbs: - plenty of people on here to encourage you to spend money on parts I have found. :lol:

I actually prefer these to the Rays tbh Cragus. I think the Rays sit too far inside the arches

Wheels will be one of the last things i do after tuning, most likely be taken to Abbey to get all that stuff done

The best gains you will make in terms of performance driving feel will be to remove those heavy heavy wheels and change to rays or another lightweight wheels. Unsprung weight really dampens the feel and handling of the car.

It's funny you should say that. I was taking a look at your pics (very nice BTW) and comparing it with a mental image I have of mine (same colour and wheels).

Your wheels (especially the rears) look further 'out' than mine IMO. Have you also managed to bag a set of spacers without even realising? :shrug:

Welcome to Zed ownership. :yahoo: I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait to find the right one. :thumbs: