Finally got a Zed

smudgedon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So after nearly a month of ownership, I love it :)

Great cruiser on the motorway, returning much higher MPG than i thought at 80mph

20120811_153146.jpg

Great looks, great sound, so comfy, fun round the twisty B roads and can't wait to make my own little touches :)

So far i've added the bonnet lifters and the brushed aluminium Nismo gear shifter

Few pics from my cleaning session yesterday

20120811_194909.jpg

20120811_194840.jpg

20120811_191720.jpg

20120811_191706.jpg

20120811_191732.jpg

So after nearly a month of ownership, I love it :)

Great cruiser on the motorway, returning much higher MPG than i thought at 80mph

20120811_153146.jpg

Great looks, great sound, so comfy, fun round the twisty B roads and can't wait to make my own little touches :)

So far i've added the bonnet lifters and the brushed aluminium Nismo gear shifter

Few pics from my cleaning session yesterday

20120811_194909.jpg

20120811_194840.jpg

20120811_191720.jpg

20120811_191706.jpg

20120811_191732.jpg

How do you get 32 mpg when I get 17?????? :doh:

I smell some Bull lol!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No bull about it sir

Cruise control was stuck on at 80mph, only went down to 65ish once for about 2 miles

93miles of motorway, 6 miles of 50mph dual carriageway and about 1 mile of 30mph to get me home

When I'm doing 70 on a long run I get about 29-30mpg. :thumbs:

I smell some Bull lol!!!

No bull about it sir

Cruise control was stuck on at 80mph, only went down to 65ish once for about 2 miles

93miles of motorway, 6 miles of 50mph dual carriageway and about 1 mile of 30mph to get me home

All about how you drive and what the rest of the traffic is doing

I didn't touch the brake apart from once on the motorway, meaning the car was doing little/no work to keep me at cruise speed

I've reset the avg MPG computer when doing 50mph in average speedworks before and after 10miles it showed me 36MPG

The bull was in reference to the Bullshine on the car.

Dont disbelieve for one moment about the average mpg on a motorway.

And you were doing 70 not 80 you miss typed. B)

I am not sure about your car but the 2 HR's I have owned would sit on 34mpg at 70.

Infact I seem to get a better average at 70 than I do at 56 for some strange reason.

I should have text you to pick me up from A&E at St Helier seeing as you were floating about.

I am barred from driving for about 2-3 weeks:(

I still have another eye lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

The bull was in reference to the Bullshine on the car.

Dont disbelieve for one moment about the average mpg on a motorway.

And you were doing 70 not 80 you miss typed. B)

I am not sure about your car but the 2 HR's I have owned would sit on 34mpg at 70.

Infact I seem to get a better average at 70 than I do at 56 for some strange reason.

I should have text you to pick me up from A&E at St Helier seeing as you were floating about.

I am barred from driving for about 2-3 weeks:(

I still have another eye lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

Correct, my finger slipped on the number pad!

I can only assume that the engine is having to work less to oush the car along at 70mph due to the 6th gear than it is at 56mph. Bit like it's more economical to go up a hill at 30mph in 3rd than it is in 4th, as there's less strain on the gearbox and engine

Hope you're alright mate, should have text me would have happily taken you home

I only just got back.

I am only 1000'yards from there so waited until I got home b4 I put the dreaded eye drops in that make the pupil

enlarged so the eye rests.

Just a white blurr in my left eye now.

That's buggered up the Tuesday Brighton run from Croydon!

anyway you car is looking nice:)

I smell some Bull lol!!!

No bull about it sir

I didn't touch the brake apart from once on the motorway, meaning the car was doing little/no work to keep me at cruise speed

I've reset the avg MPG computer when doing 50mph in average speedworks before and after 10miles it showed me 36MPG

Maybe I should reset the computer and let it get a new mpg count. I don't do any motorway driving in my Z so that maybe why?

I smell some Bull lol!!!

No bull about it sir

Maybe I should reset the computer and let it get a new mpg count. I don't do any motorway driving in my Z so that maybe why?

If you dont do any motorway miles then you'll get nowhere near that :lol: all about keeping a constant speed, looking ahead so you don't need to brake and accelerate all the time and just keeping the car moving with the minimum amount of effort