Not best pleased...

CrumbMC

I returned to my car this morning to find a this: :surrender:

2012-07-08_111921.jpg

2012-07-08_111849.jpg

2012-07-08_111934.jpg

Some little scrotes had trashed 16 vehicles in the same car park. They obviously were just doing it for 'fun' and had walked around every car in that area and kicked / pulled bits off. although it looks like mine got the worst.

both door mirrors smashed off and scratches in a few areas about the car. The worst of which is on the off side door where it looks like someones gravelly shoe has scuffed it over an area about the size of my hand. that's what the pic shows but not very well.

All 5 of the lads who did it jumped into a car which was pulled over after a witness gave a policeman the cars reg.

They were arrested and spent the night in a cell.

When i went in to give a statement the copper said that they were trying to get them to plead guilty with a 'conditional caution'. One of the conditions may be that they have to pay for the damage. Obviously I would rather they throw the book at them as it was a totally mindless act of vandolism that demonstrates that they have no respect for peoples property. I'm waiting for a phone call off the police, hopefully tomorrow.

I'm also going to get a quote for repairing all the damage tomorrow, which including the scratches will be a LOT. However, given the amount of damage done to other vehicles and the slack nature of our justice system I have a feeling I'm going to end up paying for it myself, so some of you traders may be getting some PMs off me for mirrors some time soon :shrug:

If any of you have any advise on how i could get this damage paid for without claiming on my insurance then please let me know.

Chris

:byebye:

If its both mirrors and some paintwork - just take the hit and use your insurance it is what its there for :thumbs:

Yeah but i'm 23 and going from 6 years no-claims to 0 may result in an insurance premium well into the thousands :thumbdown:

Oh boy!!!

This really makes my blood boil. Conditional discharge....bloody joke IMO. 5 years min should be a standard sentence.

Nanny state AGAIN...... :bang:

Hope you get it sorted without to much cost.

Maybe invest in a proximity alarm :thumbs:

Feel for you mate. If the police don't push this it just shows how bag things have really got in our country, Makes me consider not buying another nice car and instead staying in a complete banger! The government want us to spend more to stimulate the country - why bother - so some wee twats can come abuse whatever you buy?

That does indeed suck majorly. (I've previously been there too). However, on the plus side - as said above, a bit if research and eBay and that probably wont add up to more than a low few hundred to fix. Insurance would mean you'd really be bent over, and your premiums would rocket. Just take the hit by fixing it yourself with the help of choice traders, and grow a large chip on your shoulder regarding chav behaviour. :thumbs:

:pmzmanalex: and then get a dent guy to assess the other stuff.

It's worth a shot, especially if yoour excess is a few hundred.

I was waiting for someone to post that smiley :p

That was the plan however I was going to wait until i have spoken to the police. In the unlikrly event that the damage is going to be paid for then I'll just take it to a body shop and let them sort it out.

You can protect your NCB after 4 years IIRC. This is exactly why it's worth doing, just in case.

Maybe give them a ring tomorrow and update your policy, as you never know if your car might get damaged next week.

Wanton vandalism to several vehicles with the culprits caught bang to rights and the police don't seem to be very enthusiastic in pursuing the matter to its fullest yet going 34 in a 30 and they're all over it. Something dramatically wrong here :rant::angry::bang: Would be tempted to take the matter into my own hands :angry:

Oh boy!!!

This really makes my blood boil. Conditional discharge....bloody joke IMO. 5 years min should be a standard sentence.

Nanny state AGAIN...... :bang:

Hope you get it sorted without to much cost.

Maybe invest in a proximity alarm :thumbs:

how much are proximity alarms ... sorry to go off topic, i think its a great suggestion!!!!

You can protect your NCB after 4 years IIRC. This is exactly why it's worth doing, just in case.

I see eSure and Direct Line comprehensive insurance covers vandalism without affecting the NCB. Maybe others?

How many times do we see on here peoples Zeds vandalised and the frustration of never catching the culprits, when you do on the rare occasion catch them chances are nothing comes of it...you can't blame people for giving these sorts of pond life a good hiding when you do catch them red handed rather than hand them over to the police :surrender: I mean lets face it, as if these pieces of trash are likely to be able to afford to repair 16 cars...

Feel for you matey, i only passed my test in 2007 bought my first car and 2 days later it got keyed, the other 15 cars in the road keyed did not make it any better....

Turned out to be an 8 y/old with and old style compass needle...

The lads parents didn't give a f@@@ but funnily enough about a week later the dads scooby ended up covered in really deep scratches even some comments... Poetic justice in more ways than one :lol:

Insurance wise vandalising is classed seperately to normal claims isn't it? Some insurers are nicer with it than others, always goid to check whats in your policy than just taking the cheapest option :wink:

Hope you get it sorted out whatever happens mate :console:

How many times do we see on here peoples Zeds vandalised and the frustration of never catching the culprits, when you do on the rare occasion catch them chances are nothing comes of it...you can't blame people for giving these sorts of pond life a good hiding when you do catch them red handed rather than hand them over to the police :surrender: I mean lets face it, as if these pieces of trash are likely to be able to afford to repair 16 cars...

And that would be classed as assault surely and if it was minors you would then probably be banged up with the nonces

Not sayings thats right, but 2 wrongs don't make anything it right either...

Yes i will be VERY annoyed if the police don't do something about this. There were some other victims from the same car park in the police station who were not so much bothered about damage, they just wanted to make sure that the police were following everything up. That said, so far the police have been quite good, they left a note for all the affected owners and have spent most of today taking statements etc. I just hope they can hand out a fair punishment. The amount of damage done means that it may well be classed as a serious offense but at the same time because there was 5 of them they might all blame each other and make things very difficult for the police.

I think i may be able to repair the passenger mirror as its only broken on the plastic threads that fasten it to the door.

The drivers one is a bit more of a mess though so you may well be hearing from me soon Alex.

I'll also call my insurers tomorrow but it's admiral, and going from previous experience, i can't imagine they will be very easy to deal with. think i will go for a slightly more expensive but better insurance deal next time

Sorry to hear about the damage.

This kind of thing makes my blood boil. They commit acts of vadalism and very little happens to them as a consequence. Some guy kicked my mums car door in years ago. He ended up paying something stupid like a couple of pounds per month back. It was ridiculous. In the end you have to claim so the insurance company win and your premium goes up. Makes you think whats the point. Argh :bang: