With or Without Spoiler...

Wasso

I'm getting bored of my rear and wondered if it's time for change. Now, I never fitted a spoiler previously, only because my boot is carbon and I want to keep it free from drill holes. The Blitz spoiler would suit me because it's tidy and easily sticks onto the boot rather than being bolted down.

Now some like my unique concept of a smooth rear, but I always feel I'm missing out on something with not having a spoiler.

Don't get me wrong I like the look I have, but just not sure whether to take the plunge? What I don't want to do is clutter the rear end, but carefully spruce up the looks.

Place your votes now!

WITHOUT?

IMG_7792.jpg

WITH?

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a tough one Wasso, Now you know i absolutly love your car and the blitz spoiler does look good. However i'm going without. And only because the look you have is so clean.

Or because of the carbon in the lower bumper, maybe something with carbon lip. Like this one.

nissan_350z_by_srcky-d4icsd5.jpg

Thats a tough one Wasso, Now you know i absolutly love your car and the blitz spoiler does look good. However i'm going without. And only because the look you have is so clean.

Or because of the carbon in the lower bumper, maybe something with carbon lip. Like this one.

nissan_350z_by_srcky-d4icsd5.jpg

Where the heck did you find THAT!

Spoiler is nice but a bit busy, although I've never seen that Amuse rear bumper before. I thought it was a 370 at first.

I really like that combo.

I'm not surprised the poll is currently leading with votes for WITH a spoiler. Although based on Bronzee's question abou the Carbon, I wonder if the boot is a perfect copy of the oem boot shape? The boot isn't a perfect fit, although what if the carbon shaping isn't quite perfect either. The Blitz spoiler would need a perfect fit or there'd be gaps. This boot has me thinking now what if?

(Bronzee - the boot is pretty tough it'd take a fair amount of weight to crack I would have thought)

It's funny how one item can transform the rear end look. I keep comparing the pics and I doubt the Blitz would look as good as that pic on my car. The zed with the spoiler has a painted reg plate insert which I'd not go for, and it looks like he's painted the diffuser area rather than carbon.

If someone gets one I could test fit, as it would be a shame to purchase and find my boot is slightly different to oem?

Without, it would detract as currently your eye follows the flow of your car to the stunning rear bumper. I think if you put the spoiler on it you add another dividing line across the car that will spoil the flow and make the car look quite squashed as you already have a difuser eating into the azure paint! This will be especially true if you have it with a carbon underside, if you were to go for it, it would have to be body colourd like the mock up.

Good luck with macking a decision!

Cheers ph, I see what you're saying and have to agree.

But I still feel its missing something. I'm wondering if a very light window tint is needed? To me it still looks a bit 'standard' :lol:

One thing I don't want to do us buy a spoiler that may not fit and have slight doubts that it would fit my carbon boot. As I say it's not a perfect fit, and who's to say the moulding maybe slightly off that of oem.

Can you imagine spending £300 on a spoiler for there to be daft gaps and having to sell it :thumbdown:

The annoying thing with styling is there's no instructions and you have to go by your instinct or vision, I'd hate to make it look worse. Its a shame you can't go to a shop and try things on, like when you go clothes shopping. In this game you invest and hope it looks right :surrender: