How many miles is too many?

Luke0549

Hi,

I bought my zed on 81k, it about to hit 84k, it's an 03 jdm, with full uk Nissan dealer service history.

How long do Zeds run for on average?

I know it's down to how well it's maintained, but average until problems start to occur?

Hi,

I bought my zed on 81k, it about to hit 84k, it's an 03 jdm, with full uk Nissan dealer service history.

I know it's down to how well it's maintained, but average until problems start to occur?

only joking :p:thumbs:

mines at k85 and still going strong....it more pampered than the wife though :lol:

And at what miles do you think you'll decide to sell up?

I'm in two minds ATM, either spend a bit of money on wheels, or save for next car...

can t see me selling the car to be honest :blush:

mines at k85 and still going strong....it more pampered than the wife though :lol:

And at what miles do you think you'll decide to sell up?

I'm in two minds ATM, either spend a bit of money on wheels, or save for next car...

can t see me selling the car to be honest :blush:

I wont ever sell mines either :)

Ask spursmaddave, his has topped 100k and his car has been one of the most reliable zeds ive known and its a daily drive. Its a star.

103k and still going strong cheers Will :thumbs:

Daily drive, 300+ miles to a meet next weekend and then another 1k ish a fortnight after to Wales and back...

Can't wait :drive: :woohoo:

Hi,

From all my research they start to go wrong once they click over 83,999 miles.

Only joking, it shoulf be good for double that if you look after it ;)

How long is a bit of string really. In general with cars ive owned (non zeds), they tend to need a lot of bits replacing at 80k... like brakes / discs / suspension etc. etc. It seems a lot of things are designed to last 80k miles. On my Golf TDI it had 170k miles on it when i sold it, and I ended up actually replacing loads of bits twice! At 80k and 160k. lol

These days most cars handle high mileage well. Years back 100k miles was seen as high mileage, and to some degree people still think that, just because back when cars were less reliable, 100k was good going!

After driving your car a couple of weeks ago Dave, I thought the odometer was in KM. It drives lovely :thumbs:

Cheers Darren that means a lot from someone who knows as much about cars as yourself :thumbs:

I have to say when I followed behind you in my car through the Medway Tunnel I think I did a sex wee on Rosie as my old girl sounded so good :cloud9:

After driving your car a couple of weeks ago Dave, I thought the odometer was in KM. It drives lovely :thumbs:

Cheers Darren that means a lot from someone who knows as much about cars as yourself :thumbs:

I have to say when I followed behind you in my car through the Medway Tunnel I think I did a sex wee on Rosie as my old girl sounded so good :cloud9:

:scare::scare::scare::scare::headhurt: .....rushes to the cupboard to get the leather cleaner and sprints for the front door..............

Other than accidents I've yet to hear of a Zed going to the breakers. For most Zed's and cars in general their length of life isn't really a matter of mileage but when it becomes uneconomic to get them through an MOT.

Pete

Other than accidents I've yet to hear of a Zed going to the breakers. For most Zed's and cars in general their length of life isn't really a matter of mileage but when it becomes uneconomic to get them through an MOT.

Pete

My Zed has had 3 MOT's with not so much as an advisory. Last one was in November last year on about 98k and it flew through :thumbs::#1:

Same as people above. Mine is on 99k of which I did over 50k. Never had a single issue which wasn't a standard wear and tear (e.g. bushes) and never had anything that could be classed as a "major" issue. Without exaggerating, the car runs better now than when I bought it - these engines are built to last.

103k and still going strong cheers Will

Daily drive, 300+ miles to a meet next weekend and then another 1k ish a fortnight after to Wales and back...

Nice... :thumbs:

I've seen one for sale before at 180,000... and from the pics at least, inside and out.. it'd been looked after. Interior looked like it had done bugger all mileage with a backside on it.

P.s. how do you quote with the persons name? ..