I think I may have bought the wrong car....

Luke0549

Owned the zed for about a month now, and I can't help but think that I bought the wrong car.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but it seems like it has too much power for uk roads. I mean, wherever I put my foot down, there's either a speed camera, or other cars.

Starting to feel that the power is unusable. Therefore the petrol consumption is pointless if I can't enjoy it.

I'm driving to nurburgring next month so hopefully that will change my mind.

I'm considering to use it learn how to drift. And then next year get something a bit more usable for roads and keep this as a toy.

Anyone else feel a bit like this?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a bit like saying why marry a beautiful woman when you will only see her 3 or 4 hours every weekday :wacko:

It's like marrying a beautiful woman and never being able to enjoy her in the bedroom. Still lovely to look at/talk to, just no play time.

I know what you mean... it can be frustrating for me when i cant get over 30mph on my way to work in the mornings due to traffic, despite driving down some very nice A-roads. Im usually wound up by the time i get to work, and nail it down the 200m driveway to the office to vent my frustration!

The answer to your problems is to get involved in trackdays, sprinting or drifting as you say. You will quickly appreciate that there's no point in driving fast on the road as its not as much fun as doing it on track.

I went over to the 'ring last summer and loved it, so you're doing the right thing.

As for drifting, if you can find an organised day offering tuition etc then go for it - it's a great sport and very technical (its more difficult than driving fast round a track ;) ). Checkout the driftworks forum and get booked onto an event.

Thats a bit like saying why marry a beautiful woman when you will only see her 3 or 4 hours every weekday :wacko:

It's like marrying a beautiful woman and never being able to enjoy her in the bedroom. Still lovely to look at/talk to, just no play time.

But you still wouldn't want to divorce her just because you dont get to bang her as often as you would like to. Theres times and places for that :lol:

Just remember to enjoy the special times that you do get to

Ahah. Great responses!

C'mon, you must have felt this at some point?

No. I didnt actually think the 650hp 200SX I drove last year was too powerful either. Man up a bit. :teeth:

Or learn how to drift and have fun at lower speeds, though if you get caught doing that it may well be bye bye license ............ :headhurt:

Ahah. Great responses!

C'mon, you must have felt this at some point?

i always thought it was a little under powered, its why i eventually ended up getting something with nearly 400 bhp

you buy a nice car as its a nice place to be when you drive it.

But you still wouldn't want to divorce her just because you dont get to bang her as often as you would like to. Theres times and places for that :lol:

Just remember to enjoy the special times that you do get to

You do if you're constantly putting money in it and only very rarely getting a blowie :lol::lol:

On your basis you might struggle to find a car that has a top speed less than 70 :lol:

Seems to me you are going from one end of the spectrum to the other :wacko:

The good news that it is a car that grows on you and we have lost count of the number who have sold one and then later realised it is a great car after not getting the same buzz from other cars and come back for a second helping :thumbs:

Where abouts are you based Luke? Try to get out to some rural areas like Scotland or Wales and you'll soon see what the car is all about. Around town it isnt much fun as you get up to speed before you have any real excitement (due to the very linear torque/power) but out on open roads its a hoot :drive1

Luke, why did you buy the car in the first place if it wasnt partly beacuse of the power and GT cruising ability?

If those werent on the list, might i suggest an MX5 as an alternative?

but you want to really appreciate the zed, get it on some country A roads, or even a motorway - and revel in the effortless speed and overtaking potential. Round town it'll be a complete waste, might as well get a diseasel.