Builder49

New to the forum and somehow managed to wander into the calandar area yesterday. Noted that the average age of Zed owners seems to be 30's? Given that I'm slightly older than that (username gives me away), am I too old to be driving this wonderful vehicle, or is it acceptable with you younger guy and girls?

Paul.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the forum and somehow managed to wander into the calandar area yesterday. Noted that the average age of Zed owners seems to be 30's? Given that I'm slightly older than that (username gives me away), am I too old to be driving this wonderful vehicle, or is it acceptable with you younger guy and girls?

Paul.

No way there are some right old gits on here :lol::ban:

Paul.

Zed ownership isnt an age, its a state of mind :lol:

Paul.

Now you're in trouble :lol:

Paul.

Zed ownership isnt an age, its a state of mind :lol:

disagree - its state of "pocket" !!!! :lol::blush:

Paul.

Now you're in trouble :lol:

:dry: Yeah you are right Straun and there are some right pain in the denim gits on here too :boxing::lol:

Us more "experienced" owners are hopefully showing the younger members that they can have many years of driving ahead of them, if so minded, or if they think otherwise they can look forward to joining the likes of the Micra club :wheelchair::p

What was the question - took me 30 mins to find me glasses and now I've forgotten.

Average age you say????

Well some of us must be 0ver it or it would not be an average :)

I'm with Ebized - "experienced owners" :thumbs:

Same with all performance cars. We have both under and older members of all of our models of Zeds over this end of the pond. Also have friends in other high end club, same mixed ages. Similar to a group of R35'ers I know, some younger, some a bit more worldly. ;)

HAHAHA.... check the older folk coming up with names like " experienced and worldly"

If I am honest... I prefer that their are more maturer drivers in the 350z as it means that the typical chavs haven't taken over the zed scene yet.... and lets hope that they never do. That is coming from someone of a grand old age of 25 but had zeds since I was 21 :surrender:

More interesting is the length of time a car is kept for in conjunction with the owners age..........I bet that would paint a more interesting picture.

A lot of 20 somethings pick one up and ship it out within 12 months whereas the geriatrics tend to hold on a lot longer.

A lot of 20 somethings pick one up and ship it out within 12 months whereas the geriatrics tend to hold on a lot longer.

Yep, had mine for over 5 years :lol:. Older people also tend to cost it out better and be less impulsive.

Pete

More interesting is the length of time a car is kept for in conjunction with the owners age..........I bet that would paint a more interesting picture.

I bought mine at 22 and kept it nearly 5 years :surrender:

I got my '53 plate at 22, I'm now 23 and I can't see myself ever selling it tbh. I've already spent so much money on tinkering with it that I'd make a catastrophic loss if I sold it any time soon, and I reckon by the time that's stopped being an issue, it will be worth so little that I might as well keep it :shrug:

The way resale values are going I can see this becoming the case more and more. It simply won't be worth selling the older ones in a few more years as the value as a weekend car will be worth more than the money.

DB

I got my '53 plate at 22, I'm now 23 and I can't see myself ever selling it tbh. I've already spent so much money on tinkering with it that I'd make a catastrophic loss if I sold it any time soon, and I reckon by the time that's stopped being an issue, it will be worth so little that I might as well keep it :shrug:

The way resale values are going I can see this becoming the case more and more. It simply won't be worth selling the older ones in a few more years as the value as a weekend car will be worth more than the money.

DB

Couldn't agree more, i tried to sell mine, granted it's got a few body work niggles but nother major and it wouldn't go for 6k f%&*k that hahaha! Amount i've spent repairing it i may as well run it into the ground (or i can afford a 370)