Suarez & Evra

spursmaddave

Whever you agree with the ban or not Suarez admitted his comments and his club didn't appeal the decision.

His actions yesterday were disgraceful in my opinion and could have led to real problems on & off the pitch. His actions just showed his attitude and his managers after the match were worse still...

suarez_evra_handshake.jpg

Liverpool fans are saying Evra was to blame, can't see that myself but his celebrations at the end were uncalled for, although with what went before can be understood...

Suarez has spat and bitten opponents before and made gestures at fans... not exactly in the Liverpool spirit really... I'm all for a bit if passion but this guy seems a liability and his manager backing him publicly will only make it worse.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were to gather character assessments of both Evra and Suarez I think we would have a pile of nasty stuff on Suarez. Generally an unsporting chap who has a history of being a nasty piece of work.

I googled this and found some Liverpool sites trying to claim it was Evra who refused, sorry but its getting out of hand now, Suarez admitted to using racist remarks and any fool without scouse tinted glasses on can see what happened there, Suarez refused to shake his hand. The still above is very misleading, if you watch the video capture its quite clear he skips Evra out, the reaction of both players is a strong clue to the motives.

I could understand the Liverpool players defending Suarez a couple of months back, its a natural reaction especially if Suarez told them he did nothing wrong. Problem is he lied to them and his manager and the defence of this utterly nasty sh1te has to stop because it is making Liverpool and Dalgleish look like utter incompetents.

About time the managers from both sides took them into the office and knocked their heads together and until they sort it out they don't play football.

Did you see in the line up the young boy who was next to them? I wonder how that impressed him, a sad day for football. :thumbdown:

Evra needed someone to have words with him, and I suspect SAF would've done that after the game.

Any Liverpool fan who defends Suarez's actions is a complete moron. Dalglish came across no better in his interview with Geoff Shreeves on Sky either. Liverpool used to a club all about the respect for the game, but we saw none of that yesterday. Suarez should've shook his hand whilst screaming obscenities in his head and then this would all be over.

I think it's all psychological. At the end of the day, evra and Ferdinand we're extremely rattled because of what happened, and their standard of football dropped because of it...... You never know if Suarez was purposely trying to rattle them!

I think it's all psychological. At the end of the day, evra and Ferdinand we're extremely rattled because of what happened, and their standard of football dropped because of it...... You never know if Suarez was purposely trying to rattle them!

I thought it worked the other way round. Instead of trying to win the game, Suarez was out to try and prove something. At the point when Rio slid in, Suarez could easily have picked himself up and gone clear on goal and probably score. Instead he was out there pretending to be in some sort of extreme pain all for show. I think his attitude cost Liverpool a point minimum.

Suarez is a liar & a cheat who will do anything to win a football game. Though Evra never moved his hand out to shake it was definitely Suarez who ignored him. All he had to do was touch Evras' hand to show some respect but he couldn't even do that. Evra was also at fault at the end of the game, when do you ever see him celebrate a win like he did. The media/papers don't help by making a big thing of it in the build up to the match and will now have a field day. The FA should give both players a 2 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

For a couple of 'men' who we are led to believe are both 'professionals' I would have expected better from both of them, clearly that's too much.

Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand, like a grown man, when he didn't Evra should have made an "oh well, I tried" face and he couldn't have been criticised for it then that should have been it.

The initial racist/bigoted behavour of Suarez is unforgivable in my view and I think it show's there is still a long way to go in football to cure it of it's inherent racism.

He's let the club down badly I'm sorry to say. He has now apologised but the damage has already been done. As far as Evra is concerned, what he did at the end of the game was over the top but understandable, Gary Neville used to do the same thing, it's all part of the game. I would say a fine and a 2 match ban for Suarez from the FA and a warning for Evra would be a fair outcome.

Pete

Suarez should have shook Evra's hand.

Evra shouldn't have done what he did at the end.

As far as I'm aware there is no law about having to shake anyones hand, so a ban would be ridiculous.

However, Ian Ayre (a Liverpool director) has come out and said that Suarez misled the club by saying that he was going to shake Evra's hand.

I think Liverpool should fine him a week wages and the FA should warn Evra about his future conduct.

And then draw a big fat line under it all and move on as it's getting tedious now.

Looking at it again Evra was celebrating with his supporters and Suarez walked behind him, he wasn't in his face or anything bad :shrug:

Thats incorrect.

Evra ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Suarez.

He didn't celebrate in front of him, he was neither looking at him or goading him. I think both players are twunts but Evra is bar far the more clever it seems. At least SAF said he didn't agree with it instead of brushing it aside or pretending he didn't see it.

Can't see a ban or anything but hopefully Liverpool will actually condem his actions at least especially if he did mislead them...