Suarez & Evra

spursmaddave

I love the fact in rugby you had 'blood substitutions' - that sounds 'ard

There are a lot of football pansies who you know would cry their eyes out in a fight, that said there are some that are nails, as much as you didnt like Roy Keane he was a hard bloke who was an amateur boxer back in Ireland. The rules in football now much favour the prancing pansy over the hardened player which is why we are seeing more of it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Suarez & Dalglish have made statements saying they regret their actions and that they brought the club into disrepute... I wonder if they were made after a change of mind or through club officials... either way lets hope that's the end to it.

Also Col I can't remember a football player taking a capsule of blood onto the pitch to fake an injury at the first opportunity :lol:

Looking at it again Evra was celebrating with his supporters and Suarez walked behind him, he wasn't in his face or anything bad :shrug:

Thats incorrect.

Evra ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Suarez.

No he didnt :lol:

Evra was celebrating like that the length of the pitch, all the way to the tunnel :#1:

Well Suarez & Dalglish have made statements saying they regret their actions and that they brought the club into disrepute... I wonder if they were made after a change of mind or through club officials... either way lets hope that's the end to it.

Also Col I can't remember a football player taking a capsule of blood onto the pitch to fake an injury at the first opportunity :lol:

I can - well sort of! Chile vs Brazil WC qualifier I think it was, chilian goalkeeper, had a razor blade behind the goal, when a flare came onto the pitch and chile 3-0 down he grabbed the blade and cut his own face :wacko: game abandoned for a replay...then they got rumbled! Or something along those lines...

...in general though, football nowadays is played in the majority by a bunch of girls blouses, to the point you can't tackle anymore. All this fake limping after a tackle, which they shake off seconds later, slight elbows into the face that raise a minor bruise that require five minutes of treatment - drives me mad.

Not defending rugby though, downright nasty the way they inflict injuries, gouging!!!!! :thumbdown:

He's let the club down badly I'm sorry to say. He has now apologised but the damage has already been done. As far as Evra is concerned, what he did at the end of the game was over the top but understandable, Gary Neville used to do the same thing, it's all part of the game. I would say a fine and a 2 match ban for Suarez from the FA and a warning for Evra would be a fair outcome.

Pete

This did make me laugh, that he came out and apologised for snubbing him. I chanced onto a few Liverpool sites yesterday claiming that it was Evra that snubbed him etc etc and ranting about it - hope they put a post out apologising also today - muppets.

Tarts sport! :yawn:

As opposed to F1 drivers eh Dave :p Only fights I've seen in that are when they have still got their helmets on :wacko:

But at least when Lewis puts it into the barrier at 180 mph he just walks away and carries on, meanwhile give Joey Barton a love tap hey Keith and we have him rolling about the floor as if someone has just cut his throat! :lol:;):p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWqCS02OJ4k

Then take a look at this to compare :lol:

One of the sports reporters on Sky earlier today made an interesting point about all this, and how it could be stopped from getting this far again.

With regards to the handshake now being a huge thing (JT & Bridge, as well as Evra and Suarez), instead of just being what you should do to be sportsman-like, if the FA make it mandatory to have a handshake with your opposition then any player not doing it can be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and given a punishment from there as necessary. It would mean an end to the whole will-he-won't-he thing we've had of late, and make it a lot easier for the FA to act over stuff like this.

Finally some long overdue apologies from Liverpool.

Feel they've only just realised how out of sync with the rest of the football world they've been since the whole episode began. They have had many opportunities to diffuse the situation but Dalgliesh has gone down in eveyones estimations due to his shameful one eyed defence and only when Suarez has become completey indefensible have Liverpool, Suarez and Dalgliesh (albeit no doubt written by their lawyers) put their name to an apology. Some real poor PR on their behalf and it has tarnished many football supportes opinion of club and manager that will live long in the memory

I believe the owners of LFC have forced the hand (excuse the pun) of Suarez and Dalglish, would you shake someone's hand who admitted that he wasn't actually racially abused and cost you £40,000. If people bother to read the FA documents Suarez used the word "negredo" meaning friend in Suarezs native language, Evra also said in Spanish to Luis "I f**ked your sisters p****y, Suarezs own grandad is black, he is from a South American country.

I hope everyone in football can move on from this as the media have made it 100,000 times worse than it was, especially with Sky Sports pretty much billing it as Evra vs Suarez.

Any Man Utd fans wishing to give there opinion that Suarez is a racist scumbag should remember this week 2 of there own fans were charged with racially assaulting Kenwyne Jones at the stoke match earlier this season resulting in a 3 year ban from matches and a fine.

Let's remember football is for everyone to play and enjoy no matter what colour of there skin.

Not at all, no need as long as the subject matter doesn't get into Man U Vs Liverpool with slanging matches.

I have said before that there is no place at all for racism in football or in the UK. I stand by that. Doesn't mean that black and white (and all races inbetween) have to walk around holding hands. Sometimes you think someone is a b*llend and it just so happens they don't have the same shade of skin as you.

In my opinion these guys are professionals and are role models whether they like it or not. Therefore they should have shaken hands and got on with doing what they are paid to do. That is called being professional.

There will be (there always is) far more to the story than we are told and whether you support Liverpool or Man U or any other club it shouldn't change your personal opinion on it.

All in my insignificant opinion of course. :)

Pre match handshakes are a waste of time before a game, let the players shake hands with each other after the game if they wish. I wouldn't want to shake hands with someone I don't like.

You and I may not have to shake people's hands we dont like bu these so called football stars have to be role models as soooo many young children and bloody grown men look up and respect these idiots. So if someone like Suarez doesnt shake hands with someone and causes scenes like he did at the weekend... what message does this give to our younger generation. I believe they SHOULD have shook hands and that would have been that. Again another reason why I dont like football.... there is no respect / sportsmanship in the game anymore. Thus why I still play / watch rugby... fans can drink.. be in mixed crowds and hardly ever any problems.

Rant over :blush:

I remember when the bad sporting element began (ironically only a year or so after the inception of the premier league and the money that came with it) and you would see genuine honest players make a tackle and barely touch the guy and he goes down, the tackling player would then be disgusted with him and give him a piece of his mind - and in fact when I play (vets footy!) it is still the same - if a player dives even his own team will lay into him.

Nowadays when you see players diving, cheating and generally falling over the offending player just carries on and accepts the decision - they know the game has been changed to suit cheaters.

Money has ruined English football and there is no way back unfortunately, I find the words 'premier league' filthy and full of corruption. I watched the African Nations cup final last night, it finished 0-0 after two hours play and it was fantastic to watch. Physical game, played with passion I have not seen in the PL for some time. Stunning game. How it used to be.

/end rant :rant: