Hello and thank you

Hello everyone, it's about time I introduced myself after lurking here for a couple of months. I bought a UK 2004 coupe in black about a month ago after finding out all I needed to know here on this very helpful forum.

My car doesn't have the GT pack which I thought I would have prefered but when I found a car with 28000 miles on the clock I was happy to make the compromise and I find now that I quite like the cloth seats and I also like the standard wheels too, they seem to look alright on a black car.

Previously I've owned a 2.8 Capri, an E30 325, an s14 200sx and a couple more cars that I won't mention (one was french), so when the 200sx finally rusted away it was time to work out what should come next. I wanted 6 cylinders, rear wheel drive and I didn't want a beemer - so I logically find myself here. The Capri - which i owned for five years from 2000 to 2005 - has always been the benchmark for me. The styling was perfect, the cabin was an 80s dreamland, the seating and pedal positions were perfect, the noise it made was incredible and the gearbox and engine were lovely (we'll forget the suspension). This may be contentious i know, but it's all true. So does the 350Z match up? Well it's close but i have to say no it doesn't, it's not quite a two-eight - I like most everything about my new zed although the gearbox and clutch seem like they might become tiresome eventually.

Anyway, i digress. I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to the information which helped me to make the right purchse, it's much apprecitated. I'll try to contribute myself where possible.

Regards, Rob.

Here's the 200 that was replaced by the zed

Image006.jpg

and my E30 before

Picture281.jpg

and after it reversed itself into a tree

Picture311.jpg

Pics of my new car to follow tomorrow as I don't actually have a camera and so will have get someone at work to take a couple of snaps.