New member saying hello

Hi all

Considering a 350Z as my next sports car. Having played with MX5's and MR2 roadsters in the last few years it's time to man up and get something a little more powerfull. I have been to the 'Ring in one of my MX5's and fully intend to go in the 350Z, as well as a couple of UK track days each year. Cadwell and Donnington are my two favoirite tracks, having got my racing licence at Donnington in the 90's. Also used to be a biker, mainly Blade's and ZX9R's, but gave up a couple of years ago in the interest of self preservation.

Looking forward to absorbing the collective wisdom of the site membership (should'nt take too long... ;) )

Vimes

Welcome along mate. Any idea of the age spec etc ur looking for?

No idea yet. That's why I have joined the forum! Money will be the deciding factor. I could spend 5k now, but that will go up by a grand every three months or so and from my initial research I reckon 6.5k to 7k should get me something nice. The 350Z seems fantastic value for money. (The only other car I am considering is an S2000) :)

Welcome :wave:

£7k would seem to get you a lot of car for your money at the moment. Good luck with your search. This forum has been invaluable to me and got the chance to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts. ( And introduced to all that is Krispy Kreme :lol: )

the zed is good, but i'd definetly try the S2000, i came from MR2 roadster and loved it, the zed was good but i personally found it to be a compromise, later swapped to an S2000 and found it a much more rewarding drive.

but again the S2000 has its compromises its a toss up between size

handling

s2000 = smaller lighter better drive, more responce etc

350z = heavier but more cabin space

engine

350Z = bigger engine more torque, linear power delivery (deseptive with speed feels slow when it isn;t)

s2000 = smaller engine less torque, but a more rev range (brilliant on track)

try both and see what you prefer.

having owned both, my personal favourite has to be the S2000, one of the best cars i've owned.