Hi to all

Hi chaps :wave:

Names Tom and i'm from the Lincolnshire region if anyone knows the area haha. I've decided to register as i'm in the process of buying a 'Zed' and may aswel make myself know. I'm upgrading from an MR2 turbo and have always been a fan of 350's so, I finally decided.. sod it! I'm going to buy one at long last :D

Just a couple of questions though:

1) Whats the best year to be looking around? I guess it's going to be around 2006/7ish?

2) What are they like to live with in respect to problems (not an issue just rather have a heads up so I know what to be looking for when viewing :thumbs:)

Cheers guys

Tom

Hi Tom welcome :thumbs:

06/07 will incur the £435 road fund tax :scare: prior to that its £245ish.

Check for clicky axle(rear), no biggie and easy to fix. And FNSH.

Good luck in your search and don't buy the first one you see, the right car will tell you! you don't select the car :lol:

Welcome, love the username. :thumbs::thumbs: Good luck and happy Z shopping. Have a good look around. You might enjoy the extra torque. :drive1

Good luck in your search and don't buy the first one you see, the right car will tell you! you don't select the car :lol:

Zugara is right, the car selects you, we're only keepers. :lol::thumbs:

Up to you which year you go for. 2006 had a facelift so subtile differences in styling, before that you had 276bhp or 296(?) bhp models, then they bought out the 313 model (actually had 308bhp or something) with an 80% new engine in late 2007.

As others have said, from 2006 onwards the road tax is mega, although the running costs of a zed isnt cheap, especially if you use it as a daily driver. I worked out earlier in the week my zed costs me £800 a month to run. Which is actually more than I was getting paid a few years back.

Loads of threads on here from newbies asking about what to look for on a zed, so read up as much as you can and checkout a few examples. Also make sure you check the insurance out as well!