Crushed myself today!

stuarty

As it was a nice day today I thought I would get the Zed out the garage and give it a once over and a quick detail.

I thought I would start by checking the oil level etc. As it was a bit dark in the garage I thought I would take it onto the driveway to check it. As I wanted to dip the oil when the car was cold I decided not to start it up, so i decided to push it out. Car was facing into garage, so I decided to open the drivers door, let the hand brake off and PULL it out leaning onto the center post.

I forgot I had a 3 inch ramp going into my garage, so when the back wheels reached it, the car just picked up speed.

I couldnt get out the way before I got caught between the edge of the drivers door and the door frame of my garage :blackeye:

I took the full inpact mostly on my groin and abs. My back is also really badly bruised. Cant beleive how stupid I was. I'm to embarassed to tell anyone to there face, but i'm in agony :blush:

first bloke i've ever heard of who's been kicked in the nuts by his own car. :lol:

that does however sound very painful, i hope its not to serious, i'd get some ice on your nuts and some deep heat on your back. ;)

Good idea mate, hope I dont get it round the wrong way ice on the back and the deep heat on the nuts.

Ive got a 6 inch bruise from my right ball to my hip bone. I'll have to explain that one to the wife! :boxing:

Shouldnt have laughed but I did. Ive done a couple of similar silly things.... I actually drove a mini over my own feet before. Now before you ask how I managed that, I had just fitted a bigger carb to it, so had the bonnet off and was standing near the drivers front wing. I thought id crank it over to see if it started, so reached in through the drivers window and turned the key. The car was in gear and drove nicely over my feet - luckily I had safety boots on. :thumbs:

Now I always make sure the cars out of gear.....

I managed to run full pelt into a 1/2" steel guide rope for a massive gazebo type thing (it was dark and I didn't see it). It caught my leg near my groin and sent me tumbling. I had to pretend it didn't hurt as it was witnessed by 50 of my work colleagues at the time.

I had a big purple lump that slowly moved down my leg, eventually turning my whole leg purple from my groin to just past my knee cap. If I was a metre closer to the tent it would have decapitated me!

So you're not the only one to have done something very silly.

ouch!

so using your groin to stop a moving vehicle actually works in practice, but isn't advisable :lol:

I did a similar thing once, but with the door shut and window down, I thought that as it rolled out the garage I could just reach in and pull the handbrake up... not a chance could I reach it diving through the window :lol:

car rolled down drive and came to a stop blocking the road (luckily a cul-de-sac with no-one around to bump into, or witness it :ninja: )

:blush:

Hope you get better mate. As others have said it could of been worse. About 10 years ago my mate was in his garage in front of his car and had the bonnet up. He wanted to check some pressure gauge under is bonnet for his turbo or something and started his car using the remote start facility on his 2K clifford alarm system. Unfortunately the car wasnt clever enough to realise it was in 1st gear and the car leapt forward crushing him and breaking both his legs. how we laughed for years after :lol: