Hello from Hong Kong (Now with Photos)

Hello All,

been lurking here for a while to soak up all the Zed goodness. Great to see all the help and advice available and freely given! Won't be able to use many of the services referred to due to my location but there are some pretty good shops for most makes here and all sorts of goodies. Not really the modding sort (old/balding/2nd childhood) but the wife hinted I needed a nice car to brighten the daily commute. I had been driving a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer GDI 1.8 turbo touring (a station wagon) as a means of transport and to get the family to various teen events it was a trifle limiting. Was driving a Buick minivan before that so you can see it was a pretty dismal state of affairs. The day after the missus mentioned her idea, I just happened to walk through a car dealers' mall (OK it's a 30 minute brisk walk from my workplace...), saw this Zed and it just seemed to call to me :bounce: . A week and many calls to insurers later, I was the proud owner of my 2004 JDM white Zed roadster. It has 19" Enkei rims with low profile dunlops and Bremboson the front, some sort of Jap skirt/fairing thingie all round (but thank god no wing on the back), led clear rear lights, a JVC head unit with a reversing camera and a large chromed amp in the boot, mirrors that auto fold, door speakers that have orange lights that come on at night (2nd childhood remember), its an auto and has heated seats which have orange leather surrounds with a grey mesh centre bit. It has TCS but no VDC.

I love driving to work in this baby with the top down but it's been tipping it down since the second day I bought it so no photos yet! Anyway I absolutely love the car and my 2 lads now finally think I have some taste in cars, with the younger lad offering to let me drive him to school which is a first :lol:

Cheers

RMG :teeth:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where abouts in HK are you? I used to live there :wave:

Live out in the New Territories (Sha Tin) and am having a blast driving to work in Yuen Long. Will have a go at route TWISK (don't know if you know it) which was originally built accross a range of hill by the British Army for rapid supply and is awesome with hairpins ad nauseum :evil: . Will first get used to the car though since it's a while since I drove a rear wheel drive car in anger.

where abouts in HK are you? I used to live there :wave:

Live out in the New Territories (Sha Tin) and am having a blast driving to work in Yuen Long. Will have a go at route TWISK (don't know if you know it) which was originally built accross a range of hill by the British Army for rapid supply and is awesome with hairpins ad nauseum :evil: . Will first get used to the car though since it's a while since I drove a rear wheel drive car in anger.

I used to live in shek kong, I know route TWISK, I'm pretty confident you will be grinning non stop down it :lol: I was looking into the area I used to live in recently and it's like a ghost town, so run down now :(