• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's time to unveil

"Project Zee Business"

(well that's what Buster has named my 2nd project and I like it - Name edited by request of Buster - when I asked why? he went all :ninja: )

So as some of the traders and other members with parts in the for sale section will already be aware (along with a few scrap yards, eBay and a few American performance parts websites) I have not been idle these past few months while the ZedShed was being built............

I have in fact been hunting high and low for a few bits and pieces to take my SC Zed to the next level.

So let's start with a few pics -

The Zed

TheBeast.jpg

The new heart of Project Zee Business -

Engine1.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine Specification -

• Tomei pro cams

• Brian crower valve springs and valve caps

• 3 angle valve seats

• Ported cylinder heads

• Skimmed heads (0.5mm)

• OEM full gasket set

• Shortblock balanced

• Eagle h-beam rods

• ARP rod bolts

• CP 95.5mm 11.0:1cr forged pistons

• ACL race main bearings

• ACL race big end bearings

• ACL race thrust washers

• rev-up oil pump

A few supporting mods

FRS.jpg

Altered Atmosphere Stage 1 Fuel Return System and Walbro 255 fuel pump.

Rad.jpg

Koyo Ally racing radiator, Mishimoto Ally surround and fans and some new pipes.

Zorst.jpg

Stillen ceramic coated headers with a pair of Berks HFC's

Suspension.jpg

A nice set of Tein Flex suspension.

Gauges.jpg

New Head Unit with Sat Nav so I can find Castle Combe :) along with 2 new AEM wideband gauges a fuel pressure gauge and some mounting plates.

Plastic.jpg

Some replacement bits as mine are damaged/missing

Gaskets.jpg

New S/C filters, SC Pulleys and belts, Setrab oil cooler, thermostatic sandwich plate, Nismo Oil Cap, Nismo low temp thermostat along with an assortment of gaskets and hiding at the back is a set of AMS lightweight pulleys.

Zspeed.jpg

Wing liner, AEM water/meth injection kit, front mesh and ZSpeed under tray,

IMG_2311.jpg

Top Secret diffuser (in need of repair), Hel braided brake and clutch lines, Ferodo 2500 front pads and a KSport rear BBK with 330mm disks and 6 pot calipers.

Brides.jpg

A pair of genuine Bride BRIX II seats.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of a quick shifter and a spare set of Alloys so I can have a set of road tyres and a set of track tyres.

Still on the shopping list -

Bride seat rails (anyone got some?)

New clutch probably a Carbonetic Twin Clutch

After market ECU - Not sure which yet

and the obligatory tune and Dyno run.

Then that's it jobs a good un! :lol:

Thanks go to Zmanalex, everyone I bought bits from, Sam Mcgoo, NeilP, Ian and Buster for their help and advice in sourcing this lot and what to look for.

Special thanks goes to Andlid who found the engine and put the stupid notion in my head that this would be a good idea! :bang::bangin:

However a very very special thanks goes out to Tarmac - AKA Chris that knows he's Chris and is worried so much by being a Chris that he wants other Chris's to let him know they are also Chris.

I actually think being a Chris myself it's not just Chris's he talks to its just over the past few months he has talked to me an awful lot.

He has managed to source a load of stuff for me from the states and he got me price after price on different parts while I decided which bits to get and to top it all off he sent me a little something to help me along on those long winter nights I will no doubt be spending in the ZedShed -

Mug.jpg

My very own mug :cloud9: goota love that guy :lol:

OK First up will be the HU fit I will attempt to document the installation of all the bits including the transfer of the Vortech S/C in case anyone is in the slightest bit interested :lol:

Stand by for the longest winter build blog ever :blush:

Fookin he'll Chris that's one serious shopping list and collection.

Have you like won the lottery or something?

All the best of luck for the build and this will surely be one to watch. I'm also hoping to up the ante next year but still waiting for my six numbers :lol:

Very exciting :thumbs:

All the best of luck for the build and this will surely be one to watch. I'm also hoping to up the ante next year but still waiting for my six numbers :lol:

+1 :dummy: am well jel :blink:

Watching with great interest :)

Cant wait for a blast on track with you next summer mate. Will be awesome to see how she turns out :#1:

definitely :thumbs:

That Zed's gonna be a monster!

Gimme a shout if you need a hand, I'll make quick work of that headunit :D

Thanks mate got you lined up for some work on the dash and I need your fibreglass skills for a little something as well :thumbs:

:lol: I haven't spent that much :blush:

Been putting this lot together since April :)

thats puts paid to my weekends for sometime :teeth:

YES :lol:

Looking forward to this a lot, if you need a hand be pleased to pop down from Surrey at some point :thumbs::) come to think of it I'd be pleased to pop down and just have a nosey even if you don't want any help quite frankly :lol: :lol:

Welcome anytime drop me a PM when your bored :thumbs:

Meh, not bad :p

I know you'd like it more if I had chrome spinners and neons :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for all the coments :thumbs:

Quick one on the Head unit nothing very interesting really I swapped my older double din for a newer one with BT and SatNav.

I'm not overly worried by ICE on this project but I need the phone and SatNav is handy.

I wasn't overly impressed with the wiring behind the existing HU but I suppose it was working.

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

So I cut out the usless bits and soldered in a new connectors -

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

Finished loom looked like this

IMG_2255.jpg

Will be doing some more work on the dash later when I sort the new gauges so .......

That's all for now folks :)

well spent another day at the Zed Shed today :teeth: .I am sure Chris will be along later to tell you what his been upto. B)

Cheer s mate for today and i am learning something every time i am round. :yahoo: see you tuesday evening for the next lesson :D

p.s sorry for nearly removing your finger opps. :blush: