Ah, the rookie introduction

baggins

Afternoon People, how are you? How nice to see a uk 370z forum, been putting up with the yanks for far too long.

OK, brief introduction and history. Me. 42. Single (was married till 2004 but that's a long story), no kids. First introduction to the z? Back in 89, picked up a 280zx targa auto. Loved it.

Being as I am, I'm in the mood to jump out of the current ride, Focus ST and into something a little different (different being special). I've trawled through the ususal suspect forums, 911, Audi RS4, Scirocco R, TT, that sort of thing but you know, spend an hour on any of them and it becomes apparent they've all got major issues which, sort of spoils the whole experience.

So what do you do when when you're after a selfish, reliable, dependale, daily drive that looks fabulous, with an auto box (yes, been through the exciting manual stuff already, now after something a little bit, um, lazy, I'm 42 after all and don't touch the motorways), that's loaded with nice hi-fi, sat nav, leather, alloys and all the other goodies that everyone expects these days? You go on autotrader, punch in 370z, auto, trade, black (or grey) and see what comes up.

Well, reckon £29k tops will get me into what I want. It's tempting, very tempting.

But there's always a hesitation when going away from the norm. Few things, doesn't seem to be many about. Great if you want something rare but not so good when you want to pull into a local Nissan dealer and expect to get the youth behind the counter to pull out a bulb, or a fuse or something like that, everyone found them to be ok, dealer wise? Do they actually know what one of these are as far as looking after them goes? I'm from Bristol by the way.

Guessing apart from the road tax cost, the odd tyre change to break the bank and possibly the insurance, I'm thinking there's nothing to be really scared of?

I've rambled on. Sun's out, been to the pub lunchtime, you know how it is. Seems like a really good, friendly, helpful site you've got here and apologies if I'm going over old newbie ground.

Regards, Bags.

:welcome:

Havent found anything to go wrong with the 370z on here yet (nothing that seems anything close to common anyway). Only thing you will want to do is change the exhaust to let the girl sing and off you go :drive1

£29k should get you a very nice car depending on what exactly you are after, might even have change for the exhaust.

Thanks for all the welcomes chaps, really appreciated.

I think as far as spec goes, putting colour to one side (it really needs to be either black or the dark grey), with an auto box,I think I quite fancy the connect premium as I detest itunes but I can rustle up a play list or two on a usb stick no problem at all. Whilst you're there, sat nav with the connect premium, full postcode search by any chance?

Won't be long and I think might go shopping.

Bags.

sat nav with the connect premium, full postcode search by any chance?

Yes and if that really bothers you be careful as the non-CP (MY2009) as they dont do postcodes. Easy to test though - if it has touch screen - it has postcodes :thumbs:

Right, got it, touch screen = connect premium = postcode sat nav search = hard drive = usb port.

Check.

Bags.

I'm a similar age to you and the 370Z is my very first car, having only got around to taking my test quite recently. I reckon if I can get along with one anyone can! :lol:

I get a hell of a kick out of having a car that's relatively uncommon on the roads and turns a lot of heads. I think it gets way more attention that the usual suspects (Audi TT, Porsche Boxter etc etc) which are ten-a-penny around where I live.

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough on the technical side of things to give advice on possible issues. All I can say is that I've had no discernable problems with the car since we got it 18 months ago (with the exception of a well known boot spring problem, which was easily sorted out by our local dealer under warranty).

I'd say go for it (I'd suggest looking at a White one...)

:thumbs:

I'm a similar age to you and the 370Z is my very first car, having only got around to taking my test quite recently. I reckon if I can get along with one anyone can! :lol:

I get a hell of a kick out of having a car that's relatively uncommon on the roads and turns a lot of heads. I think it gets way more attention that the usual suspects (Audi TT, Porsche Boxter etc etc) which are ten-a-penny around where I live.

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough on the technical side of things to give advice on possible issues. All I can say is that I've had no discernable problems with the car since we got it 18 months ago (with the exception of a well known boot spring problem, which was easily sorted out by our local dealer under warranty).

I'd say go for it (I'd suggest looking at a White one...)

:thumbs:

+1 on the comments and head turning points. People wont even notice the 911 going by if you are driving behind it...as good as a 911/TT/Boxster is there are just loads of them around compared to a Zed!

Hi,

Quick look on Autotrader - 370Z 60 plate Auto in grey with 10 miles (yes Ten miles)! on the clock - £26995 less any haggling, which gives you plenty left over to get a decent exhaust!

Good luck,

Scotty.

Gosh, I paid about that almost 5 years ago for my preregistered Zed, I think mine had 14 miles on the clock though :) .Amazing how they've come down :scare:

Pete

Morning Chaps, thanks for all the comments and the pointers to the z on trader. Now tell me, on trader, just above the grey, is a black up for sale £25,995, auto, 601 miles. It's advertised as being connect premium but then goes on to suggest it has a 6 cd changer. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought premium connect did away with the cd changer?

The grey one does look really nice though, not premuim connect, but still very, very nice, and what a price!

Bags.

Welcome to the madhouse :wave: .

This is my third Zed car (two 350's before) and can vouch for them being reliable, cost relatively little come service-time, I've not had any 'proper' problems in any of mine whatsoever (squeeky seat on my first 350 about tops it).

The fact there aren't many about is the real positive for me. I could have had a Porka, Merc, Beemer if I wanted but didn't want to be part of the usual crowd. The Zed really turns heads and is something a little different and a relative bargain to boot.

Definately get an aftermarker exhaust (I've got a Stillen) as that's really the only downside on a standard car.

I'd urge you to drive both the manual & auto before making your final decision though, it's a personal choice obviously, but I really think the manual suits the car (especially with the RevSync ;) ).

With your budget you'll be able to get a brand spanker (not a new GT Edition though admittedly). Just search Westway as they have brand new Roadster with £10k off (£27k I think); I guess something decent also off Coupes. There's also a chain based in Burnley neck-of-the-woods who seem to offer similar deals of new 'stock' cars. There's obviously resident member EH370, as mentioned above, who I'm sure can do similar deals.

edit - a quick glance seems deals not terrific on coupes at present, the roadster (for obvious reasons) is where all the savings are - get it quick and you'll grab some of this heatwave :yahoo:;) .

Welcome to the madhouse :wave: .

This is my third Zed car (two 350's before) and can vouch for them being reliable, cost relatively little come service-time, I've not had any 'proper' problems in any of mine whatsoever (squeeky seat on my first 350 about tops it).

The fact there aren't many about is the real positive for me. I could have had a Porka, Merc, Beemer if I wanted but didn't want to be part of the usual crowd. The Zed really turns heads and is something a little different and a relative bargain to boot.

Definately get an aftermarker exhaust (I've got a Stillen) as that's really the only downside on a standard car.

I'd urge you to drive both the manual & auto before making your final decision though, it's a personal choice obviously, but I really think the manual suits the car (especially with the RevSync ;) ).

With your budget you'll be able to get a brand spanker (not a new GT Edition though admittedly). Just search Westway as they have brand new Roadster with £10k off (£27k I think); I guess something decent also off Coupes. There's also a chain based in Burnley neck-of-the-woods who seem to offer similar deals of new 'stock' cars. There's obviously resident member EH370, as mentioned above, who I'm sure can do similar deals.

edit - a quick glance seems deals not terrific on coupes at present, the roadster (for obvious reasons) is where all the savings are - get it quick and you'll grab some of this heatwave :yahoo:;) .

Cheers fella, it's really great to hear yet more positives on the forum about reliablity. That really is a main factor for me, nothing, and I mean nothing worse than having a car that, all the time you've left it on the drive, or in a car park, you're worried to death that when you get in it and turn the key/push the button, it doesn't start.

I've ummed and ahhed about manual vs auto. Thing is, my daily journey's are all stop start, up to the lights, back of the queue and creep forward, so I really think the auto is for me. I've had manuals, and fun though they are, I really do fancy a bit more of a relaxing cruise machine.

Burnley? That's a bit far for me, I'm South West. OK, EH370. Terribly sorry if I sound rude, but a dealer? Someone I can go visit?

I'm really beginning to like the sound of this.

Bags.