"Fitted" my hexis vinyl roof today ;=)

djtimo

Had some fun today! NOT!

Tried I repeat tried to fit my Hexis vinyl roof! Did not go well....

Stripping the A pillars off.

2011-08-17155429.jpg

2011-08-17155441.jpg

Sort of on.....

2011-08-17163529.jpg

After about 30 mins lifting, pulling and smoothing.....Tried with the hair drier too...

2011-08-17163529.jpg

But after a lot of swearing and shouting (mainly at Jess as this could not be my fault it was not going on ok! lol) I think I got it too fit ok? :blush:

2011-08-17165347.jpg

And the final "fitted" Pic's! What do you think? lol....

2011-08-17165324.jpg

Oh well Ill go back to the mechanical things as Im ok at that! ha....

I have more respect for you posting your failings, than for anyone who posts up their successes!!

Good on you :teeth::teeth:

Christ I must have more respect that the Wu Tang Clan then :surrender:

Wrapping is something I really fear!! I just couldn't bring myself to try it.

djtimo that is the funniest thing I've ever seen......as scrolling down through the photos I honestly expected to find this amazingly vinyled roof at the end like most of the threads on here!

Always read these threads & feel very envious of the final results and wish I could be more practical.....not the most DIY minded :surrender:

But this would be the exact outcome I would dred...........seeing the final pic made me howl! Top effort with posting this on here :thumbs:

Brilliant :thumbs:

It's deffo a two man job, it's impossible to do alone.

And only do a little bit at a time, as in dont peel the backing paper unles you are working on the section.

Peel, heat, work with squeege to avoid bubbles and creases, repeat till done.

Go on, have another go

Cos before I did the Hexis CF wrap on the roof, I attempted a 3M gloss back roof vinyl, on my own and I also made a lovely vinyl swan out of it instead, lol

Great sequence of pics!

I was expecting some cool finished job as I scrolled down!

I did find it amusing, but I can't see myself doing any better!

Love the fact you tried and has spurred me on to try and do mine.

Whats the worst that can happen?!

sorry to see it didn't fully work out,

in the last few pics it looked like you weren't far off.

as BM said its a 2 man job, and only peel a little at a time as you fit it. if i remember rightly we stuck the front edge on the front wind screen and then worked back from there. peeling from underneath as we went.

To those that are afraid of wrapping - it aint that hard!

I can't paint anything well at all, but wrapping seems to have come naturally, and is very manageable if you use the right techniques.

If it goes wrong you can just peel it back and start again too - unlike paint.

Also, that hexis stuff is absolutely terrible!! 3M is far far better in terms of quality and work-ability. Steer clear of it IMHO.

I can't paint anything well at all, but wrapping seems to have come naturally, and is very manageable if you use the right techniques.

Also, that hexis stuff is absolutely terrible!! 3M is far far better in terms of quality and work-ability. Steer clear of it IMHO.

I have to disagree.

Having worked with both, I find the Hexis is much better, at least when it comes to the CF vinyl. Plus the Hexis stuff is more flexible then the 3M, which is better for wrapping interiors with complex shapes.

Hexis > 3M all day

I have to disagree.

Having worked with both, I find the Hexis is much better, at least when it comes to the CF vinyl. Plus the Hexis stuff is more flexible then the 3M, which is better for wrapping interiors with complex shapes.

Hexis > 3M all day

+2 i started with 3m stuff and moved away from it and on to hexis as the quality was far better. if 3m stuff was better i'd be selling that instead.

• 2 weeks later...