Japspeed drift Subaru stolen from Santa pod

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 20Driftcar

Its amazing how not a person seen it being taken in a place as packed as Santa pod,

supposedly they just jumped in and drove it off the stand then out gates and away , How the hell dose this happen with out anyone seeing it or hearing it ??? Is Santa pod cameraless ??

It's amazing really,

would take some balls just to jump in and go for it .

None the less they are still scum , it's a shame we have people like this in the world

just shows nothing is safe anywhere

Must have had balls of steel to do that.

Bit also dumb as a donkey, not exactly a subtle car what with the bright orange wheels, full bodykit and Japspeed graphics all over the car.

I hope Steve the owner sees it back in one piece.

Keep an eye out on eBay for "special" scooby parts

japspeedscooby.jpg

shows the complete ineptitude of our police force. The whole of the M1 and M25 are both camera controlled. It doesnt take much to notify the camera centres that theres a stolen 100k equivalent of supercar with no insurance etc that isnt exactly difficult to spot. The risk to the general public alone should have been enough.

This car couldve been found and stopped very quickly but due to the fragmented nature of our police nothing gets done. :rant:

rant over.

Hope it gets found and the scrots get life. More likely they'll get a weekend away at centreparks. :rant:

But as all the cameras are geared for ANPR to catch the naughty speeders, this wouldn't get spotted. The only chance would have been a traffic cop or unmarked car being around at the time.

Hope it gets found, but sadly it will no doubt be either stripped or in the process of being stripped by now. If there are recorded serial numbers for some of the parts, hopefully this will assist in tracking down the scum that nicked it.

shows the complete ineptitude of our police force. The whole of the M1 and M25 are both camera controlled. It doesnt take much to notify the camera centres that theres a stolen 100k equivalent of supercar with no insurance etc that isnt exactly difficult to spot. The risk to the general public alone should have been enough.

This car couldve been found and stopped very quickly but due to the fragmented nature of our police nothing gets done. :rant:

rant over.

Hope it gets found and the scrots get life. More likely they'll get a weekend away at centreparks. :rant:

Yeah it must be the Police's fault........ not whoever left it easily 'stealable'?

It would have been on the ANPR system probably within 30 minutes of it being reported stolen (ie once a crime was verified) but as far as im aware ANPR cameras cannot teleport in traffic car re-inforcements?

If you want to blame someone, why not try the little sc**tes that nicked it, who I fully agree will probably get a piddly little sentence if/when they are caught :(

rant over.

Yeah it must be the Police's fault........ not whoever left it easily 'stealable'?

It would have been on the ANPR system probably within 30 minutes of it being reported stolen (ie once a crime was verified) but as far as im aware ANPR cameras cannot teleport in traffic car re-inforcements?

If you want to blame someone, why not try the little sc**tes that nicked it, who I fully agree will probably get a piddly little sentence if/when they are caught :(

ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) i may be wrong but this car has no number plate to read :blush: secondly if it's more than just an Opportunist the car will undoubtibly be in a container. Not the polices fault that they leave the car in a position that it could be stolen, Let look at the owners and the multitude of security at Santapod, that the car must have past before leaving the race track :bang:

Cant have been that clever a thief otherwise they'd have flatbeded it (covered of course) just round the corner from the Pod :bangin:

my thoughts too, drive out into a trailer and cover... could be an opportunist thief that just decided then and there to do it, afterwards thinking... what the heck am I going to do now :scare:

If it's driven around it'll be found hopefully in one piece. My guess is that if this person isn't a complete half wit it'll be in the shop to be broken into pieces very shortly.

In other news...

6528_105593609289_105472644289_2377640_7665292_n.jpg

I don't know if it has an ignition as such. It's pretty much a full on race car. A mate of mine who drifts in the BDC with him said it's got loads of switches and buttons that need doing in the right order so you need to half know what your doing. Also he said it takes quite a while to get right out of Santa pods gates so he doesn't understand how no one noticed it had gone :shrug:

Usually its all switches, no keys required. Closet thing to a key they will have is a kill switch that they can usually remove to remove all power from the car - however at an even theres not reason to remove it.

As above, you'd need to be fairly savvy to know the order to turn stuff on but you could get quite lucky especially if it was about to go out anyway it might have already had all the ancilleries turned on

Av just had a look at there build thread on Facebook and It has a switch start system in it with what looks like labels above each switch so it could have been as simple as read the switches quick flick and away .

Still Trying to follow this but too many dicks getting involved and giving false information .

If they had any sence the car would be in a container or inbits getting split across the country so that it all can't be traced back to one place .

Hope they get it back as it's a beautiful car but without a tracker there isn't much hope other than they **** up and try to move it again

I'm surprised they didn't get spotted refueling. If it's only got a 20 litre tank and it was being driven fast it would have to stop for juice. It must be 50-60 miles to the M25 from Santa Pod and with a tuned up low mpg engine it must have had to stop somewhere around North London.

Really makes you wonder though. Firstly most race cars have cut off switches etc on them, so why wasnt the cut off key removed. Plus, if you are having cars on show, surely you would have some sort of antitheft device fitted to stop people trying to climb in and start them up. Secondly surely the stand would have members of staff keeping an eye on things - the last show I went to we had about 10 members of staff on our stand and noone left anything where someone could steal it. Then the security at Santa Pod... do they have any? Although i guess they dont normally check cars coming out as they probably assume the driver is the owner.

Also all seems very strange, if you are going to nick a car like that which would more than likely be stripped for spares, the first thing you`d do is to hide it in the back of a truck or trailer or warehouse. Not drive it down to London, stopping at garages to refill where you will more than likely be seen on CCTV etc.

Still lessons to be learnt and hopefully changes to be made.