RIP Liam, You are my hero

brown7758

Id just like to take a second to goodbye to my best m8 Liam,

I have just been informed over the phone that he has been shot and killed in Afghan,

he was a Dog Handle in the RAVC, and he was the best friend, most profesional and switched on soldier I have ever had the honour not only to know, to serve with, as we spent 4 months of the tour working and living together in a Forward Operating Base..

Liam, you made what was a hard tour seem easy, you made what was mundane into fun times, you lived to serve and you were the highest respected Dog Handler i have come across..

Things will never be the same..

My thoughts are with your parents and your girlfriend Leah..

GBNF my main man

I love u like a brother..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12609350

http://www.bfbs.com/news/afghanistan/theo-super-sniffer-dog-44165.html

Very very sad indeed. A few of the boys I grew up with are out there. I really think our boys should be brought home. If these people want to kill each other then let them but not our boys.

As with all military men and women, past and present, we share your grief. Your friend was an inspiration to us all, just because he was where his country had told him to go, no questions asked just duty performed.

I am greatly saddened by this and all deaths to befall our military, may his God comfort him and his family.