Finally got one

jaxx

Hi guys,

I’ve finally gone and bought one! I’ve been on here researching, reading up over and over again, looking on the web like you do, gone to view a few. finally went looking at one last Sat....made my mind up there and then and picked it up today.

The car:

Black ’07 new shape 350Z (313)

The usual GT spec (that sat nav is top......or is it because I’ve had my navman a bought 6 yrs lol)

White leather seats

24K miles

Rays – not a scratch

Mint through out

P2 Service and 4 new Bridgestone tires 1K miles ago

6 months tax and a full tank of fuel

Tracker – yet to register

An absolute mint valet, under bonnet looks amazing, show room worthy....well the whole car is actually.

I’ve done 100 miles today and have a couple of questions as a 350 newbie:

• Clutch - Firstly the clutch. When the clutch is engaged there is a slight noise, is the clutch very tight next to the fly on these or is there something I should be checking out here.

• Gearing - Now this may be me not used to the car but on setting off and gearing from 1st to second do many off you find it jumpy (thinks that the best word).

• Fuel – I travelled a lot on the motorway coming back but manage to get the mpg reading up to 32! Then only after about 15K miles of round town driving its now at 22 lol!

• Do you grin when you walk up to your car

• Do you grin when you start up

• Do you grin when you put your foot down

Power delivery is smooth throughout, engine seems to be ticking nicely but it should really after only 24K. Pulls well in all gears, haven’t thrashed it. Don’t think you really need to lol. Going to have my mechanic have a good nosey at it, peace of mind more than anything. I do have the usual 3 month warranty.

Anyway I am hoping to get a lot of fun out of it because all being well I hope to keep it for a good no. Of years. ..........cost dependant! Lol. Will be around on here as well. Cheers guys, comments/opinions/advice all welcome.

Few pics I took last Sat, can add more if anyones interested, no probs:post-7493-135011897956_thumb.jpg

:welcome: I think the first to second jumpiness is just getting used to the interaction between the gearbox and the clutch particularly when the gearbox is cold and can be notchy into second. Looks like a nice car. Yes they certainly have presence.

haha yi supermarkets im a bit skeptical about. agree about the looking back but you guys must of lost pounds in sweating alone, worrying about the chav parking next to yours. lol :lol:

cheers for the comments guys, i will have a look at the clutch noise when i get the car looked at with my mechanic.

at present im loving it, will do some miles this weekend.

1 reverse light????????......some people just look for negatives haha.

I’ve done 100 miles today and have a couple of questions as a 350 newbie:

• Clutch - Firstly the clutch. When the clutch is engaged there is a slight noise, is the clutch very tight next to the fly on these or is there something I should be checking out here

Probably the thrust bearing ........ not a problem just live with it

• Gearing - Now this may be me not used to the car but on setting off and gearing from 1st to second do many off you find it jumpy (thinks that the best word).

you'll get used to it and when you do you'll wonder what the fuss was about

• Fuel – I travelled a lot on the motorway coming back but manage to get the mpg reading up to 32! Then only after about 15K miles of round town driving its now at 22 lol!

I averaged 24mpg /34 mph

• Do you grin when you walk up to your car

Yes

• Do you grin when you start up

Yes

• Do you grin when you put your foot down

Yes

or rather I used too ......... the Zeds's gone now .............. but I miss her still

oh and welcome :wave: /quote]

I averaged 24mpg /34 mph

:surrender: 24/34mpg???!!! Attak you must have had a very different zed or just Miss daisy-ing at the wheel ;) I see 19mpg/27mpg urban and motorway and see 9-16mpg on track, not that i really look :teeth:

I have seen 45mpg going down hill in traffic coasting :p

Anyway, all your questions have been covered so go and have fun and start to plan your mods :thumbs:

:welcome:

I averaged 24mpg /34 mph

:surrender: 24/34mpg???!!! ATTAK you must have had a very different Zed :

I think you've misread my post GT4 ..... I averaged 24mpg (miles per gallon) at an average speed of 34mph (miles per hour) ............ as recorded on the centre clocks :lol:

:wave: