Hi Everyone

Hi guys thought i would say hi. site looks good guys, seems pritty active. hope to spending some time on it.

sorry to disapoint but im currently looking around for a 350Z at the mo....but my heads in bits as to which model/year is the best to get and how much i should be paying. i have looked at other performance machines....dont laugh.....RX8, STI, GTI, TDI, but keep coming back to a 350Z. ive looked at a 59K '06 GT import, black with orange seats and a plain UK black one at 29K same year both at £12,999.

i was looking at the 2007 model as it has the 80% overhaul with the engine so that keeps swaying me, but theres the extra £200+ on the tax! is the extra cost and overall change in this model really worth it.

i enjoy modifying cars especially were engines and power are involved, but from what i can tell the 350Z doesnt need much doing at it, havnt had a test ride yet lol! any help to get my mind a bit clearer would be great. will be looking at the site till then.

cheers guys, Jaxx (Chris) :D

Welcome to the Forum!

To be honest theres not much between the engines! The higher the BHP the lower the torque! But were only talkin bout half a car length over the quarter mile!

Go for a UK if u want a well appointed car or a JDM if u wanna go moddin crazy! (NOT that u cant mod the UK's to hell! or kit the JDM's up!)

Whatever u choose ur goin the right way with a Zed! :drive1

Hey and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the hunt. One thing I would say is don't write off the older 276bhp 350, although it has less power some on the forum say it is more torquey which compensates.

I think the most important thing is to look around for the right car. Personally I'd always go for the gt spec. Go along to some of the local meets and get to see the cars and chat to the owners.

I tell you you will not regret the purchase, I wish I bought mine years ago, the car has been fantastic and turned into a great hobby.

As others have pointed out there's very little to chose performance wise between the three different engine specs. Interior on the 06 models onwards is better though, and also the front and rear lights are a big improvement :thumbs: . 07 onwards models have the bonnet bulge. As far as the lower tax bracket of pre March 2006 models, then yes its nice to have but there's no guarantee that it'll continue at this rate forever.

Pete

i enjoy modifying cars especially were engines and power are involved, but from what i can tell the 350Z doesnt need much doing at it, havnt had a test ride yet lol! any help to get my mind a bit clearer would be great.

Welcome to the forum. Z33's, are certainly very modable.

One thing I would say is don't write off the older 276bhp 350, although it has less power some on the forum say it is more torquey which compensates.

I think the most important thing is to look around for the right car.

I tell you you will not regret the purchase, I wish I bought mine years ago, the car has been fantastic and turned into a great hobby.

Agreed on all 3. Also the original models 2002-2004 are also roughly 100kgs (whatever the imperial is) lighter.

Thanks for the replies guys, feeling welcomed already.

im hunting around as i type lol! might be asking alot of questions though before i go ahead with a purchase...not like im buying a £300 1L astra! am i better asking in here or making new topics in the relevent sections.....will do alot of reading though 1st, seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here.