The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Looks in good condition for a feral cat Pete. ;)

Me & the Mrs where feeding one that we thought might have been feral due to it's condition but it may have just been neglectful owners unfortunately as there are houses everywhere here. Still see him/her around and it looks in much better shape nowadays so life's improved for him/her by the looks of things.

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Cats sometimes adopt owners - you have been deemed suitable and he wants to move in with you :)

It would be quite a challenge TBH. He isn't a stray cat looking for a new home, IMO, he's never had any contact with humans and is (well was) very wild. He's not stupid though, he's figured out the cat flap but generally sits by the back door patiently waiting to be fed and then he's off. Ideally, I'd like to tame him and get him to the vets for neutering to save him getting into fights and wandering off when the breeding season starts but that is a long way off. Progress so far is slow, he no longer runs away when I go out with his food and I've managed to give him a few gentle strokes. Sometimes it works, I managed to tame a female cat after a couple of months but the last true feral we had here in the 80's I never got within 10 feet of it in 5 years.

Pete

• Like 1

He sounds nice :)

Young is good, and you've already made contact with a few strokes and food. I bet he'll come in when it's cold - tincture of time and all that. Yes the testicles will have to come off though :scare:

Our current pair were RSPCA stray abandoned/rescues (so captured, snipped and vaccinated) - one (Spartacus) was bold and over friendly, the other (Crixus) scared of his own shadow when we picked them up. Crixus literally hid behind the water tank for a couple of days - and was hyperventilating so badly in the car on the way home, we wondered if he'd last the trip! (My wife is a vet - so he would have been fine if he had collapsed). Both are absolutely fine and perky now :thumbs:

Cats are great (like dogs).

As it happens we also have a rescue Glis Glis. Yup.

• Like 2

Looks in good condition for a feral cat Pete. ;)

Yes, he's in fair nick considering. His coat is pretty good and he doesn't have any battle scars and of course he's getting one decent meal a day.. I'd estimate he's at the most 18 months old. There was another almost identical male black cat that arrived at the same time, probably the same litter but that one vanished after a couple of weeks. This is what we usually find, we had a tabby cat that was here for a day last year and also a black and white cat that stayed for a day too, both of these were tame though. Over the years we've had maybe 20 ferals/strays that have passed through our garden and only 4 or 5 have stayed long enough to be given names :lol: .

Pete

• Like 3

He arrived while it was still light yesterday so I was able to get a better photo of him.

P1016222_zpsba076d1d.jpg

Now fully grown this is one of the kittens that we had from an animal rescue centre, she's turned out to be a real treasure. She does like sitting on my rear spoiler though :surrender: . She also went missing for 2 days, I eventually found her hunting in the disused quarry, half a mile away!

P1016164_zpscfa68ed3.jpg

Pete

• Like 4

He arrived while it was still light yesterday so I was able to get a better photo of him.

P1016222_zpsba076d1d.jpg

Now fully grown this is one of the kittens that we had from an animal rescue centre, she's turned out to be a real treasure. She does like sitting on my rear spoiler though :surrender: . She also went missing for 2 days, I eventually found her hunting in the disused quarry, half a mile away!

P1016164_zpscfa68ed3.jpg

Pete

:scare: I polished that bloody spoiler!

I'm coming round with a shotgun! :boxing:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I've just got back from the vet after an annual checkup and kennel cough vaccination.......

We mentioned some habits Hetti seems to have as we've been getting a little worried. She's overweight and quite lazy. We've reduced her food but she sometimes refuses walks, sits down on walks and does what we call commando crawls. The sitting down and crawling seem to coincide with meeting other dogs or humans.

The vet said we've been observant and without prompting we've described a lot of the tell tale signs of hip displacia which is something we've been worried about for a while anyway.

She's booked in for x-Rays and hopefully this will give us an idea if there is an issue. She's not two yet so he thinks we have some good options for treatment.

I'm a little stressed not that I will let my OH know and felt just typing it in this thread would help. It has, thanks for reading....

Now let's see some up to date pictures of those amazing furry and sometimes not so furry friends of ours :)

Now let's see some up to date pictures of those amazing furry and sometimes not so furry friends of ours :)

Taken over the last 3 weeks.

How to destroy a box :lol:

P1016300_zps86839ad1.jpg

Sleep time again.

P1016332_zpsc7dcb94e.jpg

Oliver, the black and white one usually swats them away but he's in a good mood today.

P1016324_zps577755bb.jpg

Here's Toby, he likes sleeping too.

P1016285_zps826e5328.jpg

Pete

• Like 2

I can see the headlines now.

MISSING BOXER PUP,

OWNER GAINS WEIGHT. :lol:

For gods sake don't eat it.

It's a lovely looking pup :thumbs:

you know me to well :lol:

We all know it will end up - Missing owner, Boxer pup gains weight :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on our pup (almost two). It seems the X-rays did show up an issue with one of her hips. She's too old (up to12 months) to correct it so she's had to join fat fighters as the bet thinks her slightly overweigh condition isn't heloing and along with hydrotherapy with fish oil supplements forbthe short to medium term.

Long term it's likely to be a hip replacement but that's a loooong time off.

It was quite upsetting to be honest however now we know at least we can help manage it and look for signs.

On a positive side she's stikk Her happy bouncy self. Thanks for listening, this forum is superb :thumbs:

Oh and Humpy, not long now. Have you got some up to date pics? Love boxers they can be bonkers though.

There was an albino one in our dog training class who unfortunately was deaf and his face would go pink when he was being naughty :lol:

• Like 1

Oh and Humpy, not long now. Have you got some up to date pics? Love boxers they can be bonkers though.

There was an albino one in our dog training class who unfortunately was deaf and his face would go pink when he was being naughty :lol:

Use to go pink when naughty, that's funny :lol:

Breeders did say they will send update pictures half way through which I imagine will be next week I hope :thumbs:

• Like 1