The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

That looks much better mate. Do they need UVB/UVA bulb? They can be expensive but vital for diurnal reptiles and/or those that bask. They can't make their vitamin D3 without sunlight or artificial bulbs and would suffer metabolic bond disease or other deficiency . But many other reptiles don't need it. You have some kinda guide right or book on pythons, to tell you what ambient temps you need?

I did enjoy having bearded dragons but my favourite are monitor lizards. Either savanna, nile monitor, black and white tegu or even an ackies monitor which is small species yet behave the same. Monitors are the most intelligent lizards and aside from basking, they actively hunt so they're very different to others lizards. Always very inquisitive and would happily explore the house if they are tame and you allow it. Flicker their tongues like snakes to smell the air. Would love to have one but for the bigger species over 6ft enclosures are needed really.

Chameleons are very interesting too, although not for beginners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Swapped out the one in there for a 50w UVB bulb. They're nocturnal and generally don't need any extra UVB but I like to give it to him anyways :) Mainly swapped from 25W to 50W for the heat, ideally want to be around 80-90F but that varies by source, my viv was around 80 all day, so hoping it'll hit mid to high 80s and then keep it warmer over night with less effort. Had his first cold night last night of about 70-75F and it shouldn't get below 75F. I put this down to all the day time heat escaping while I spent an hour cleaning and redecorating his home.

Dying to get the more accurate hygrometer and thermometer set up.

I remember years ago for my Bosc monitor I had a heater that was auto controlled by Thermostat like it turns off when it reaches the specified temp. You want side hotter than the other I.e under the light should be the warmest side, even if he does not bask. Then the opposite side could 10f cooler if possible. It's not that difficult to achieve, a heat mat is an option but may not be necessary. Over heating is more dangerous obviously as it could die. If the temps are slightly too low then it's metabolism will slow down and it won't eat as much or grow as fast. If it's way too low then long term it would stunt its growth. Snakes are not my thing but you clearly know what you're doing plus there's many guides and resources online. I'd search for one specific to that species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking while cleaning the Cat Flap !!!!

My cat is on the larger size, he is nearly a British Blue, so hair gets caught around the sides.

What a brilliant idea if someone invented inner brush for the cat flap. Save on grooming as often !!

• Like 1

Just thinking while cleaning the Cat Flap !!!!

My cat is on the larger size, he is nearly a British Blue, so hair gets caught around the sides.

What a brilliant idea if someone invented inner brush for the cat flap. Save on grooming as often !!

Covering the inside with double sided sticky tape would be cheaper :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've got an update... Nox my Royal Python has become a fatty... ( good thing, really :D ) She has finally outgrown her current little house and is in the process of having a new one built ( identical to the other one I will post below )

She is now not my only child anymore, my partner and I have agreed that we need a little boy... and here he is, his name is Bruce. He's a Northern Blue Tongue Skink, and can reach up to 2 foot in length. They are docile and almost like puppies. It's not uncommon for them to stare longingly out the tanks to get love and attention, like cuddles and being played with. Theyre so tame you can hand feed them chicken, or fruit and veg. I'm dying to meet the little fella and he is due to arrive at my house on Wednesday the 14th.

Also note, I have upgraded my decor to two Mercedes M113 V8 blocks ( pistons and conrods have been powdercoated too, the crankshafts are currently bolted up to old DBA discs and being made into night lamps ) and a nice big 6 pot AMG caliper....

20170608_164056_zps9tk2ad2r.jpg

received_10155456729874066_zps3ntptbpe.jpeg

Not me holding him, the person who bred him is, I just wanted pictures to see he was healthy :D

Edited by Mikevv
  • Like 1