Jump to content

Door Corrosion Under Wing Mirror


Midlifemick
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

Having purchased a used 2015 370 Nismo with 47k on the clock, I was surprised on closer inspection to find upon it's first 'proper clean' that there is some corrosion forming under both of the wing mirrors (one side worse than other). Having searched the subject I can see this is fairly common and others have had the issue sorted under the 12 year anti-perforation warranty. However, I'm not going to be that lucky, as mine hasn't been serviced at Nissan in the most recent years. 

 

My question to you all is, am I better off leaving it until it becomes obvious (at the minute it isn't really) or shall I get it sorted sooner rather than later? I understand the doors are aluminium so struggling to see how they are corroding so easily :unsure:

 

Pic so you can all see it 😬

 

Thanks in advance!

 

20220112_203221.jpg

20220112_203252.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Common issue because of poor design causing a water trap resulting in "corrosion."

 

Don't let the lack of dealer service history put you off from asking your Nissan dealership to raise a claim under the 12 year perforation warranty.

 

The Nissan dealership may well support you with your claim as it is Nissan UK that will be footing the bill, generating much needed revenue for your dealership.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Common issue because of poor design causing a water trap resulting in "corrosion."

 

Don't let the lack of dealer service history put you off from asking your Nissan dealership to raise a claim under the 12 year perforation warranty.

 

The Nissan dealership may well support you with your claim as it is Nissan UK that will be footing the bill, generating much needed revenue for your dealership.

 

I'll give them a call, cheers for the advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Midlifemick said:

I'll give them a call, cheers for the advice

I would just rock up at there dealership unannounced and ask them to inspect your vehicle and to raise a claim.

I would not even mention the lack of service and paint inspection history, just keep shtum.

Good Luck.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

I would just rock up at there dealership unannounced and ask them to inspect your vehicle and to raise a claim.

I would not even mention the lack of service and paint inspection history, just keep shtum.

Good Luck.

Good shout, will give that a try!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly the same issue with my 2014 V1... Was expecting the dealer to be a nightmare.

Turns out they were very helpful, dropped the car off and got a brand new micra to drive about in and within 3 days the car was done👍

I'm very particular about cars and I was expecting a cheap fix but they done a cracking job, how ever they did it! 

Edited by reeceybeaney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Exactly the same issue with my 2014 V1... Was expecting the dealer to be a nightmare.

Turns out they were very helpful, dropped the car off and got a brand new micra to drive about in and within 3 days the car was done👍

I'm very particular about cars and I was expecting a cheap fix but they done a cracking job, how ever they did it! 

Did you have full dealer service history or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we're all checking for corrosion. I noticed this on mine yesterday while changing out some bulbs for LED ones, rust spots all underneath the weatherstrip in the boot...eek!

Screenshot_20220115-235329_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235313_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235221_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235209_Gallery.png

Oh that doesn't look great, wonder if mine is the same! 

 

Not great for corrosion these cars it would seem!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Midlifemick said:

Let me know of you find anything, I only noticed it when I got it home for a thorough clean!

All clear thankfully. Thanks for highlighting the issue, will be keeping an eye on that area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Checked mine after reading this thread, found some very minor spots in random places like the underside of the boot lid and under the roof cover.

local Nissan garage agreed this should be covered but Nissan UK have flatly refused as it hasn’t had an annual perforation check!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/01/2022 at 10:42, StormtrooperZ said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we're all checking for corrosion. I noticed this on mine yesterday while changing out some bulbs for LED ones, rust spots all underneath the weatherstrip in the boot...eek!

Screenshot_20220115-235329_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235313_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235221_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235209_Gallery.png

 

What was the outcome to this? I've looked at mine and have exactly this, in exactly the same places. It's caused me to go over with a fine tooth comb and I've not found anything else but want to get this sorted. I have full dealer history so wondering if Nissan will be kind especially as I work for them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Olly350z said:

 

What was the outcome to this? I've looked at mine and have exactly this, in exactly the same places. It's caused me to go over with a fine tooth comb and I've not found anything else but want to get this sorted. I have full dealer history so wondering if Nissan will be kind especially as I work for them 

I cleaned it up a little and left it to that. I don't have full dealer service history, so doubt Nissan would entertain looking at it. But for you sounds like a no brainer mate. Get on to them & see what they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/01/2022 at 21:38, ZMANALEX said:

Common issue because of poor design causing a water trap resulting in "corrosion."

 

Don't let the lack of dealer service history put you off from asking your Nissan dealership to raise a claim under the 12 year perforation warranty.

 

The Nissan dealership may well support you with your claim as it is Nissan UK that will be footing the bill, generating much needed revenue for your dealership.

 

 


Spot on advice, I did exactly the same with my R35 GT-R and one of the 370z, both sorted by Nissan UK and their approved garages.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...