New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

What is “turbo fan speed” shown on the gauges? Boost pressure and volts I get, but that one?

Either:

Nissan using up spare parts (like all those 370Z chassis...), or

Marketing got involved and it's just the air con setting.

• Haha 1

I'm genuinely a tad surprised at how much has been used from the 370z. The rear interior, centre console and door switches to name a few are identical. 

Not keen on the two tone paint job, not sure why manufacturers do this as it would have to be one body colour for me. Shame we won't get it over here

• Like 1

Nice documentary. Only kidding couldn't fit in the Supra 😂

There are many reasons mentioned in the video why the car could not be made 5-7 years ago! A new platform was possible but not affordable. The smaller investment made more sense. I dont think they should bother with a Nismo if its not 50-75 hp bump along with functioning aero and sports seats over the standard car. Just leave it at the standard spec and proto. Nismo needs to be different or whats the point?! 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

I knew I made the right choice 🤣

Mate 😂... Nissan could have made it lighter than the current car. Im seeing average 190 lbs heavier combined with real tires a lighter car would do better. Its a tough ask against a V8 and Zupra with a faster gearbox. So that being said £35,000 is the most this cars worth considering its not a new car underneath lol

Lastly if you benchmarked against "Captain Supra" why are they still taking an L. Tires okay can run it back. The cars still heavier with a slower auto. Tough ask. If Nissan had retuned this engine for more torque and extra ponies it may be a different result. This engine is down on torque compared to the supra and mustang. Looks like an easy drop in with no refinements to engine or gearbox?! So actual improvements lay mainly in the manual with flat foot shifts and better ratios...

Edited by GranTurismoEra

I just saw the prices for Canada ........

2023-Nissan-Z-Prices-Canada-.jpg.707a3a21f8db5cb3599111db7e4cfa0d.jpg

We only have the 3.0 Supra here, which starts at $70k CAD base, the cheapest Stang is $32k CAD, with V8's starting at $46K CAD. It will be a tough market here if you include the other muscle cars as well. 

Was reading the chat on savagegeese documentary, biggest complaint is the pricing. Obviously was laughing my head off at the comments. 

If Toyota price their manual Supra at 48-50k USD then that will be a problem

Edited by GranTurismoEra

19 hours ago, Olly350z said:

I'm genuinely a tad surprised at how much has been used from the 370z. The rear interior, centre console and door switches to name a few are identical. 

TBH this was my biggest issue with the 370 vs 350 - just not different enough to justify the extra money. 
Seems they may have done the same again, when there are cars like the Yaris GR out there it does make you wonder why ......

They had no choice. According to the insider expose posted over a year ago they were not willing to build a new platform for a tiny segment on the dawn of electrification. It was a low cost investment at a time when Nissan were in huge debt. One of the main reasons for going ahead was they wanted a halo car to bring attention back to Nissan.

The compromise was to build a rebodied 370Z....Take it or leave it. 

Also the fact Nissan refused to change the grill from concept or tune the engine or gearbox means they decided a lower cost strategy. So people will have issues i cant see Nissan addressing anything that isnt urgent. As far as theyre concerned theyve done their bit. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...

Configurator is now available. So configure away. Japan is opening up too. Great timing eh

Version ST is a full £43,000. So if it had come here they would charge around £52,000+. The base however is £32,000 with a 9k clearance roughly excluding shipping and local taxes. When configuring it comes to £38,000 with basic options like spoiler, step plate and grey paint and additional taxes. "Recycling" "insurance and environmental taxes" etc

I started saving. Just dropped a pound in the piggybank. The wait begins! 

https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/z/simulation.html#configure/BABZj/AQ4/version

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

Around 100-200 im guessing as its another main market. 

https://www.newnissanz.com/threads/nissan-z-sold-out-in-japan-for-2022.1306/

Standard versions (base/S/ST) are all gone too in Japan for 2022 

Guessing Australia are next then US to sell out most allocation. Also no blue interior on those configurators. 

10,000 applications for the car apparently in Australia. Primarily made for the proto spec. Guessing most will settle for the next grade available. Understandable as its the last ICE Z. 10,000 is a lot. Good to see if thats the case

Guessing only 1000-2000 people will be getting cars in the next 9 months. The rest may go get something else. Production unlikely meet that demand  never know. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra