Jump to content

New Z confirmed by Nissan


Adrian@TORQEN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lol aside from the 2-3 emails sent to Nissan UK from me and another forum member, I dont think people were chomping at the bit for it. Not like the Americans and Nissan USA.

 

EU still tells UK what to do while Germany and co are failing to meet emission standards by still operating a 170 mph autobahn. Im sure theyll keep failing post 2030 while the UK plays trendsetter. Apparently some green party over there wants to limit petrol and car parts sales. Not sure how true that is.

 

The ICE car importation ban may be moved forward. So the longer you leave it......

 

EU does all this while amazon gets cut and China burns enough to cause a fog most days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ILUVUNICORNS said:

I’m loving this model. What do you think the added cost would be after purchasing the car, to get it to the UK?

 

From what ive read its 10% import duty and 20% VAT. If you pay £28000 for a used one. Thats £2800 duty plus £5600 VAT and addition shipping costs. excluding IVA and MOT plus insurance. Youre looking at £38,000+ all in unless you wait and get it cheaper or go live in Japan for a year and own the car for 6 months to be exempt from VAT and import duty. similar rules apply with Ireland. 

 

You could wait for private dealer imports but im sure theyre paying similar figures. Meaning forecourt prices of £35-£45k anyway.

 

An alternative is to get someone to buy it for you and gift it. Then HMRC will decide how much duties youll pay since its high value. Its more likely to be exempt from VAT if it was worth £3000 and under. If its £30,000 thats a different discussion. 

 

Basically be prepared to pay 30% fees importing from outside EU.

 

Cars imported from within EU have greatly reduced duties if used.

 

 

 

 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

 

From what ive read its 10% import duty and 20% VAT. If you pay £28000 for a used one. Thats £2800 duty plus £5600 VAT and addition shipping costs. excluding IVA and MOT plus insurance. Youre looking at £38,000+ all in unless you wait and get it cheaper or go live in Japan for a year and own the car for 6 months to be exempt from VAT and import duty. similar rules apply with Ireland. 

 

You could wait for private dealer imports but im sure theyre paying similar figures. Meaning forecourt prices of £35-£45k anyway.

 

An alternative is to get someone to buy it for you and gift it. Then HMRC will decide how much duties youll pay since its high value. Its more likely to be exempt from VAT if it was worth £3000 and under. If its £30,000 thats a different discussion. 

 

Basically be prepared to pay 30% fees importing from outside EU.

 

Cars imported from within EU have greatly reduced duties if used.

 

 

 

 

😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont see blue Jaguars around. Ill take blue or white. 2023 I reckon depreciation would be primarily minor by then. A couple grand off used models due to demand.

 

High taxes could see a couple come up on Nissan used car network. I got some practice in with Nissan JP. Sites a bit twitchy.

 

Real issue is the duties and vat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

F type doesnt have those 300zx lights, or front LEDs. Also the F type will be £14,000 more expensive the Performance trim at £50,000+

 

Remember there are also yellow Mustangs floating about, yellow TT etc

 

But Yes its rarer. I just dont think it did the Zp any favours. Nissan are offering it as a colour option outside of the limited edition or maybe the shade might be different who knows 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I dont see blue Jaguars around. Ill take blue or white. 2023 I reckon depreciation would be primarily minor by then. A couple grand off used models due to demand.

 

High taxes could see a couple come up on Nissan used car network. I got some practice in with Nissan JP. Sites a bit twitchy.

 

Real issue is the duties and vat

 

The yearly taxes for the Z will be cheaper than my 350Z and the 370Z due to engine size. The new Z will fall into the lower category than the Z33 and Z34.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen a few videos on the car now. And I think the smaller rims 19" make it look more classy given the trend for oversized wheels which is getting ridiculous now (Type R, Audi S lines etc) . The proportions seem spot on. The long bonnet gives it more of this coke bottle look that reminds me of the new Ferrari Roma esp in the yellow.  The videos help you appreciate the car more then the photos esp ones shot backstage or on the street.  As mentioned before it would be nice to know what colour options for wheels they have (exclude the bronze as that will be limited). I think the black wheels work with yellow but silver would work well with the blue. As far as I recall all prototypes spotted have black rims. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://carbuzz.com/news/nissan-doesnt-care-about-new-zs-0-60-time

 

Apparently Nissan doesn't care about 0 - 60 or beating the Supra. Its not about that. 

 

Its going to be quicker than the Nismo 370 especially the Automatic. 15% increase puts it at 4.2 seconds not far of the E92 M3. I think that plenty fast for the road

 

Both trims will feature launch control

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you cant have modes with hydraulic steering. Id prefer hydraulic though. Theyve only replicated what the Germans have done with comfort steering parking and slow city driving. Works well in my Honda. 

 

Never been an issue for me though.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

you cant have modes with hydraulic steering. Id prefer hydraulic though

You don’t need different steering modes in any car, get it right the first time and that’s it. I’ve never ever driven any car where the “light steering” option felt anything other than utterly stupid. Not saying that electric steering can’t be good, as it can, but saying it’s an upgrade is a huge stretch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

saying it’s an upgrade is a huge stretch. 


That depends on the all important missing qualifier; upgrade to what?

 

Upgrade to the 370Z steering? Possibly not.

Upgrade to complete lack of steering function the original rendered model had? Probably.

 

It’s all in the context… 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...