Is it worth "upgrading" to the 370z

secretstar07979

If you comparing the best road bikes, you have to pitch them against the best road cars (price aside) and the car wins both in straight line and on track.

Never rode a bike, but been in and seen many tuned car stick with or beat sports bike on the street - mostly down to the biker not having the bottle or skill to push the bike hard 1st, 2nd 3rd and so on.

Honestly hate it when people say bikes are only quick in a straight line ...............

.......... an S1000RR 0-186mph stock 11.8 seconds, ............ read EVO Magazines test of the S1000RR vs the Bugatti Veyron.

So its not all about straight lines apart from the two examples youre giving, no? :lol:

No doubt bikes are fast, faster than most cars in most situations, but not having the constant fear of death kind of trumps that for me :)

• Like 1

Price aside ??? Everything has to do with price, the world revolves around money, otherwise I wouldn't be working live in a villa abroad and and drive a Zonda F lol like I previously stated, only way mere mortals like us are ever going to experience that kind of performance and be able to afford it is by buying a bike, end of.

If you comparing the best road bikes, you have to pitch them against the best road cars (price aside) and the car wins both in straight line and on track.

Never rode a bike, but been in and seen many tuned car stick with or beat sports bike on the street - mostly down to the biker not having the bottle or skill to push the bike hard 1st, 2nd 3rd and so on.

So why has NO car gone round the iom tt quicker than a bike, its straights and corners?

• Like 1

So why has NO car gone round the iom tt quicker than a bike, its straights and corners?

Because no racing driver is quite as mental as the lads who do the TT :lol:

• Like 1

I loved my bikes but one of them didn't like me :)

Yes starting out on bikes taught me two things, awareness on the road and pain lots of excruciating pain ;)

I stick to cars now much safer plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

Absolutely, there isnt a chance in a hell i would sling a leg over a bike these days (road bike), even though i had a very nasty crash (my fault) i still consider

myself lucky to have got out when i did

• Like 1

I loved my bikes but one of them didn't like me :)

Yes starting out on bikes taught me two things, awareness on the road and pain lots of excruciating pain ;)

I stick to cars now much safer plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

The amount of traffic is the reason I want to take my bike out. Bloody painful driving int he car!!

• Like 3

Jetpilot don't explain yourself to Davey_83, it's clearly falling on deaf ears and going round full circle, to state bikers are scared or lack skill to use full throttle in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear is the most retarded thing I have ever come across on this forum to date, unbelievable, guy is deluded.

Would love to know or see evidence of him in whatever vehicle it is beating said bike, was it a Honda C90 by any chance they only have 3 gears so probably did beat it because the rider would be too frightened to use full throttle.

Jetpilot don't explain yourself to Davey_83

I am not explaining buddy, just asking the question, noticed I havent got an answer....yet ;)

• Like 1

I might be missing the point, but which cars have even had a closed off run of the IOM TT circuit?

I could say no one has ever run my 3 mile route around Kirkham B Roads faster than me in my zed. But it wouldn't count for much if no one else has ever had a crack at it :lol:

Back on topic, if you've already got a 350, there's not going to be that much difference by way of power, the biggest difference will be a more 'modern' cabin, but even that is starting to look a bit dated.

In conclusion, my opinion is, try something completely different :thumbs:

Leave the willy waving to the 'bike v car' gang ;)

Edited by The G Man

I've realised it's more power I'm looking for so the 370 really isn't a sensible option. I'm now looking at SC my 350 or maybe buying one already done like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112260806248?euid=b311cebf25bb4e93b09bdb2d2295f2bc&bu=43359627538&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

This is similar money to a 370 but way faster and way more extreme.

• Like 1

I've realised it's more power I'm looking for so the 370 really isn't a sensible option. I'm now looking at SC my 350 or maybe buying one already done like this: http://www.ebay.co.u...1&sojTags=bu=bu

This is similar money to a 370 but way faster and way more extreme.

Raw power or "speed"?

SC/T/TT 350 would be nice, and a pre-built one is very good value, but it's still a 350, which isn't a bad thing, but there's probably better options.

After 6 pages I can't remember what's been said and re-reading it all is a lot of effort, but what about other cars?

There's a fair few E92 M3's, Evo's and STI's around for that price which should handle better and are faster.

Failing that, you've got the Cayman, or you might manage a 911.

Or there's stuff like the Maserati 4200 and Jag XKR?

Even a couple of VXR8s...

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

A wet, damp and patchy cat and fiddle isn't really a great comparison..

That's a road I know very well and must have rode at pace more than 100 times..

It's nasty, perilous and farmers were known to throw @*!# on the road to try and get you off..

It's also covered in camera's and congestion...

Tight and technical a car will win, grip and direction change is so much better, but as soon as the throttle can be wound on the car is a dot in the mirrors

• Like 2

Plenty of well done SC 350s on here, it shouldn't be a problem getting that up and running and looking after it, you will find a fair few owners on here in similar cars. As above, if you want to keep going and going then you might want to start with a turbo car out the box. Supra's are good for it etc.

• Like 1