Anyone else prefer the look of the original NSX

HEADPHONES

Honda-NSX-2015-Wallpaper-37.jpg

I still find the above NSX mesmerising.

I'm assuming all it's had is tints, a drop and rims but to me it just looks so much purer and special than the new NSX with all it's vents and scoops.

I know the new Civic Type R would leave this for dead at the lights but this is probably my favourite from Honda.

I even prefer the original pop up lights!

• Like 1

Both are beautiful cars from every angle, let's not let nostalgia make us hate on what is also a spectacular car (the new one). I prefer the old one too, but the new one is amazing mechanically and aesthetically. It's the price I find a bit hard to swallow (of both old and new if I'm honest).

ZeeZee, am I to understand that you no longer have the NSX in your avatar? If not, why not? You better have a good excuse. ;)

I love the new one. I know what you mean that it looks totally different but it wants to be a modern supercar not a classic car revival like the beetle/mini etc so it wasn't going to be a modern take on the original

Coolest thing to come from Japan since the LFA. Looks a million times better than the GTR

• Like 1

The first NSX is what I would have drawn as an 11 year old when I got my crayons out...again its all subjective what is boring and what isn't (as so many of these threads about 'does it look better' tend to go). I think from behind it looks particularly good

5.jpg?itok=fORRTo7k

There's not a single original line on that car.

Its a stunning looking car.........if ^ wasnt so spot in.

Looks like someone took tracing paper to 3 other supercars and came up with a generically dull looking suoercar car

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the old and new , but jeesus have you seen the price that a GOOD one goes for nowadays ? Like £50-£80k , they arent "that" special imo

I did hear that there were a load of them on the docks waiting to be loaded when the tsunami struck a few years back which has helped the price a bit

• Like 1

Both are beautiful cars from every angle, let's not let nostalgia make us hate on what is also a spectacular car (the new one). I prefer the old one too, but the new one is amazing mechanically and aesthetically. It's the price I find a bit hard to swallow (of both old and new if I'm honest).

The new one is what £150K ish? It's alot of cash but an i8 is over £100K before options and you can spec a 'P' version of any Tesla to £130K+ without too much trouble. I've seen more than a few i8s and maxed out Tesla's around so there are plenty of people around who can wave that kind of cash at a car.

The tech in it is mad, it's basically a slight slower P1/LeFerrari but for a whole lot less cash. There is a thread on here about a £40K 3 series, I would say a NSX is easily x4 better than any 3 series.

Edited by gangzoom

I believed the rumoured price is £130k, obviously before spec, from previous threads it seems the feelings are its £130k for a "Honda", so its mostly badge snobbery, although after similar discussions with a gtr now costing £80k i sort of get it, but, as you say with the tech involved, everything else smilar is fantasy money, P1, 918 and LaFerrari.

Given the choice between a R8 V10 and the Honda, i would have the Honda, but as ever, if i had a £130k burning a hole in my pocket, it would be neither :)

And dare i say with rumours of the next Gtr being a hybrid, i bet the price of that wont be far off, but knowing Nissan and the Gtr, it will probably be performance in lines of the exotica.

Edited by Jetpilot

I absolutely adore the original NSX but it's hard to justify the cost, having said that if I won the lottery my first purchase would be the mintest example I could find. The new one is a good looking car but as others have said, is entirely unoriginal and to me just hasn't got enough of it's own personality.

I much prefer the old one, as Dan says, the new one is just generic supercar to me. looks like a McLaren 12C, which itself is a dull looking car.

The old one looked great, its a car i'd love to own at some point, epitomises the long, low and wide look. And the rear lights... and the pop up headlights! proper car design :cloud9:

There was an old NSX parked up at my local indy last week when my 997 was in for some work, so I had a look around it. The styling has never done anything for me personally, but when I looked inside. OMG, mega 1980`s dated look. I guess that was how all cars looked back then, but wow. More black leather & plastic/pvc than the local s&m dungeon.

• Like 1