Sausage

TT350

Ive tried every sausage about nearly. All the different variety's from supermarkets as well as those from the local farmers markets etc. Cumberland, Lincolnshire, Pork/Apple, Pork/Leak, Beef, Chilli, Mexican, you name it... The best so far are definitely the LIDL Bratworsts. They taste so good and are huge. Im actually cooking a load as I type. Morning ritual at the weekends.

Close 2nd is the tesco finest cumberland.

The wife on the hand prefers those manky Richmond sausages you cook from frozen. No texture to them at all and taste of nothing.

We have an award winning butchers at the bottom of the road from us so are rather spoiler for choice.

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes simplest is better, love the traditional and Cumberland but he also Stocks a fantastic boerewors.

I do like German varieties too and have had some really good ones when visiting my brother but have no idea what they are.

My dog particularly loves polish sausages.... We were walking down by the river a few weeks back (meadows for the locals) when she decided she wanted to walk along a little path just a bit lower down the bank.... She could obviously smell the sausages a nice family were cooking behind a bush, they happily have her a big fuss and a sausage.... Most envious as they smelled and looked amazing :lol:

• Like 1

Never been a sausage fan really (i prefer bacon any day) but at a Red's True BBQ restaurant earlier this year i had one of their meat platters which included a sausage and it was one of the best things i've ever tasted!

It's as if fat/sauce had been injected under the skin but not into the meat during cooking. This lovely sauce oozed out of it as you cut into it. Amazing.

Looking at the menu i think it's their Cheese and Jalapeno sausage.

P10290-145-Final-Web-Res-JPG.jpg

It's 1am and I find myself on a forum where people are discussing their favourite sausage... it's time for bed

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Admit it even angry bikers enjoy a bit of sausage at 1am on a Sunday morning.... you can't beat a bit of daddies brown sauce on a floury bap :lol:

@marzman that platter looks good!

• Like 1

Nduja is the best sausage in the world. Can be used in anything from soups, to sauces, spreads, pizzas, condiments, stuffings, marinades - the lot.

It varies in spiciness & is quite a rare delicacy outside of Italy but becoming more and more popular. Lots of pizzerias etc get it shipped in for use as an ingredient but I'm well-versed in using it for home cooking now.

landing_nduja.jpg

• Like 1

I love Nduja. Had it an Italian restaurant a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since. I went to a pub in Kent the other day where they used it in the sauce for a bowl of mussels. Delicious! I do agree it's a less is more food though - you don't need much.

Edited by sipar69