Hi from an Elgrand owner

Hi all, so i dont have a 350 or 370 but i do have something that shares a few bits, mainly the vq35de block and rear diff.

I am looking to modify my engine, im not new to modifications or to japanese cars but i am new to the vq35de engine.

the elgrand doesnt have the same inlet mani setup, Injectors, ecu and i would imagine different cams, the ecu does not use the same protocol as the 350 and cant be read by OBD, needs nissan consult 111 software to read.

I am hoping to put a 350 inlet and ecu onto my elgrand.

13882124_1043669135718591_7118733372852849178_n_zpsjfezoujp.jpg

we have only had it on the road for 2 weeks and its easily the most looked at/gets most interest car i have owned, ive had all sorts but nothing gets people talking like this lol.

I have got lots on the way from Japan, it already has dvd headrests, double din, dvd sun visor lots more mods i have done too, cameras in the front valance and mirros, its on coilies, its a Ken Style kit on it, only one in the uk with the full kt, only covered 20k too!.

I have cusco strut brace and arbs coming soon, i have K sport 8 pots on the way for it. is on 20s, have some more 20s on the way with a nice fat dish.

Ideally i want to supercharge it. trouble is getting parts like ecu etc. i need to do some research on the 350 parts, hence joining here.

Does the key link to the engine ecu and immobilise that way? i would like to get a 350 ecu and see if it will run with the elgrand

• Like 1

Hey Chris, welcome to the forum and just let me say that I'm another one who's never seen one of these in the UK. You've certainly picked up a peach, it looks immaculate. I'd go along with Jetpilot and have a chat to a few tuners of whom there are a few on this forum who have a fantastic rep when it comes to having high quality work done for a reasonable price. Keep us all posted and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys, it would seem that no one can read the elgrand ecu, unable to get it tuned in the uk. i can buy a nismo ecu but its a risk coming from japan second hand.

yep I used to get a lot of enquiries on the Elgrand at work . You cant fit a 350z engine in the elgrand and even if you swap the ecu's over there are issues getting them to work , i'm sure like anything it can be made to work if you start rewiring things etc but its far from straightforward and its not a well-trodden path in terms of useful information