Is it a 2ltr?

Suffolkz

When asked this question...

I find I feel like this: :angry:

It is important at this point to take deep breaths and attempt to remain calm.

Reply in a civil manner... No, it's a 3.5l v6

Watch their eyes bulge :teeth:

I'm losing track of how many non-car enthusiasts ask this question!

• Like 4

Why does it make you angry? :wacko:

i think he means when asked repetitively .i too have this frequently but it more along the lines ...

nice car mate - what is it - "its a 350z"

what size engine " 3.5 v6 "

bet that drinks fuel " erm yea "

i get this at least twice a week :/

• Like 5

The reason these questions keep coming up is because we drive unusual, rare cars, most people have no idea what they are so are asking the basic questions about a sports car.

Take pride that you're not driving a boring soot chucking 3 series and relish you own an enthusiast car :)

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 4

The 350 definitely turns heads & gets attention like no other car I'd had before, ...my old Zed got more attention even then a JDM Impreza I had which you could hear coming from a mile away with it's gorgeous engine sound.

The other thing I found is the range of different people that were interested in the Zed. Males, females, young, old, posh or chavy they all loved the Zed.

Miss mine although I'm very happy with my Audi. Just wish I could have both. :dry::lol::D

• Like 4

In Aberdeen it's not uncommon to see all manner of Porsches, M series, AMGs, Ferraris, GTRs and the like so its unsurprising the people who get most enthused about the Zed are folk who are into Japanese sportscars.

I myself get more excited seeing a tidy ST205 or Evo IV than I do a Porsche cayman or panamera. I always flash a nice old-school Japanese car, whether I'm in the missus celica or my 380.

Favourite example is the R35, amazing car, extremely popular and now the most virulent of supercars. Do I flash them? No. Absolutely not.

Yet to find anyone outside of friends and colleagues who knew what a 380RS was before I imported one.

Closest assumption Ive had was "kitted 350z" & "370z nismo", which is pretty close for non-car people to be fair.

• Like 2

Had a good one at a shell garage a few weeks ago.

Here mate nice car is that a 2.5L. "nah its 5L"

Really,so what's it running "just over 400"

Im hoping I don't bump into him again if he's actually done some research or my covers blown.

• Like 4

Guy at my work thought it was a 2.0... I was like...nnnno lol. Then the usual... whats it got...3.5 v6.. oooh bet thats expensive to run. I do about 17.5K a year in miles, sometimes 2 services , tyres, tax, insurance etc... so I told him approx how much the car is to run for the year... he nearly s*at himself. lol

• Like 1

I'm quite baby faced so i get the usual "how much is the insurance on that?!?!"

And "well you must have a good job then?!" ....."nah i'm just a sparky, but i plough the money into a car rather than other sensible things" 😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

At a show recently and overheard 2 'youths' as they walked past and point at my Z.

Youth 1 - "Hey, isn't that a Nissan?"

Youth 2 - "Nah mate, it's the new Honda Civic"

There's a "millenials" rant in there somewhere!

In fairness I once confused the debadged front of a DC2 for an S14.

maxresdefault.jpg

honda-integra-2-0-dc2-typer--available-to-order-158286779-1.jpg

Edited by -G-

With my old 300ZX, I find a lot of people either ask me "What is it...?" or, if they're slightly more clued-up, "That's a 350Z, yeah?"

Both of which make me chuckle. Once I've explained things, there's a fairly standard raft of questions that subsequently get asked:

"Does it really have two turbos?"

"Is it thirsty?"

"Is it expensive?"

"Is it really 24 years old?"

"Why didn't you fancy a Skyline...?"

There's a small handful of people I see around where I live who actually know what it is without being told, and they seem appreciative about it's comparative rarity and street presence. But most people simply have no idea what the hell it is.

I think the best one I ever heard was when I pulled up outside a local shop on a nice day, so the roof was in the boot. A couple of youths were loitering outside and one asked the other "That's nice. What is it?" His friend gave him a knowing look and said "It's a kitted MR2 - the roof gives it away!"

:lol:

• Like 4