Is Trump really going to win?

Banz

US election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the US election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • I don't care.

I'm not massively into US politics, but this one will be a rollercoaster ride to say the least!

The way I see it, citizens of the USA fall into two categories:

Category 1 consists of

- Trigger happy gun lovers

- Rednecks

- Racists

- Xenophobes

- Sexists (I would assume this is another threat as some people may vote for Trump, purely on the basis that they don't want the first female president...)

Supporting article here: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

Then you have category 2 - everyone else (generally considered the more well-informed voters)

All I can say is that it's going to be a close one, and I for one, seriously hope that it goes the way of the Democrats!

Some striking similarities to another recent :offtopic: vote that we should not bring up again :D

Lesser of two evils, Clinton please, at least to have some sanity in this world which over the last few months has gone utterly mental. Politics in this country is a joke at the moment (although fair play to May the other day in PMQs she savaged Corbyn and looked every inch a strong leader whilst Corbyn continues to look utterly gutless).

• Like 1

I'm not massively into US politics, but this one will be a rollercoaster ride to say the least!

Category 1 consists of

- Rednecks

- Racists

- Xenophobes

- Sexists (I would assume this is another threat as some people may vote for Trump, purely on the basis that they don't want the first female president...)

Supporting article here: http://www.theatlant...-really/471714/

The way I see it is that Trump is a very successful businessman. Therefore I don't think he is that dumb to burn America to the ground. He is just trying to get as much votes as possible from the Category 1 citizens.

As mentioned before Trump has hardly covered himself in glory in the business arena. He took over from his fathers real estate business which even back in the 60s was worth millions of dollars, he never built it up using his own business nous. In fact he has been bankrupt a number of times. Successful? Maybe. Maybe not.

What worries me is his continued isolation of the US in the world by pretty much humiliating anyone that argues against his point of view. He is incapable of reasoned debate and not open minded enough to be in control of such a diverse country which holds such global clout.

A possibly dangerous lose cannon, or a highly corrupt, self serving toe rag.

Some choice they have next year. I hope Trump wins. Their political system needs an earthquake to shake it back to reality. It's as bent as a £3 note.

Category 1 consists of

- Rednecks

- Racists

- Xenophobes

Supporting article here: http://www.theatlant...-really/471714/

The way I see it is that Trump is a very successful businessman. Therefore I don't think he is that dumb to burn America to the ground. He is just trying to get as much votes as possible from the Category 1 citizens.

As Codel says, if you suddenly woke up with 50 million in the bank for example you would have to be a complete c**t not to make money, business acumen does not come into it imho.

I am not sure I conform to the same thinking that has been placed at the feet of the brexit leave voters, that they are less educated, racists etc etc and all the other bulls*t that came out and now the american voters are being labelled as similar if they vote for Trump. Aimed at no one in particular some people need to get over themselves and their views on the opposing voter.

Whilst you may not agree with Trumps view on America I do believe he is interested in his cpuntry unlike Tony Blair who was only intetested in his gain.

Edited by Jetpilot

America/Americans are wierd, so yes, they will vote him in and they will get what they deserve. Remember, this is the same country that voted in Arnie so it shouldn't come as any surprise.

Edited by Sargara

America/Americans are wierd, so yes, they will vote him in and they will get what they deserve. Remember, this is the same country that voted in Arnie so it shouldn't come as any surprise.

But from what I read. Arnold done well?

If he wins I'm definitely building a bunker in the back garden and that's not a euphemism.

Yeah well good luck with that Flex. :blush: It's not the 1920's anymore. :lol:

If it all goes t**s up with the sort of missiles & WMD's of today you're going to need more than a corrugated pig pen covered with a few inches of soil on top. :D

• Like 2

Trump is a small moustache away from barking out rhetoric at Nuremburg. He is incredibly dangerous, if he was running to be president of some insignificant economy of the world then so what, but this is the US, its not funny and its not a game, its terrifying that someone so narrow minded could be in charge.

• Like 3

Well the more I find out about American Politics, the less I now. Very different to the UK system. How can any of us really comment with what we know from the otherside of the pond?

All I can say that it is going to be a very close race but I think Trump will win. We may not like what he says, or agree with him, but what you see is what you get. Can we say the same about Clinton?

• Like 2

So I talk to Americans on a daily basis and they are really worried. Some are saying they can't bring themselves to vote for either which makes me think the turnout could be quite low.

I think whoever gets in will struggle to make policy due to the split houses just like Obama, they could over rule and make it an executive decision or whatever it's called but that will most likely get them a vote of no confidence or whatever they call it over there resulting in an early election.

I agree with whoever said American politics need an earthquake to shake it up but while you have career senators in place I can't see it making much difference.

4 years of stagnation is my guess.

you may not like what he says, or agree with him, but what you see is what you get.

I feel the world may be getting tired of politics and more so career politicians who dont deliver and in a way as with Brexit, its a mini revolution against them.

• Like 1

If he wins I'm definitely building a bunker in the back garden and that's not a euphemism.

If it all goes t**s up with the sort of missiles & WMD's of today you're going to need more than a corrugated pig pen covered with a few inches of soil on top. :D

I'll just park the Shogun over the top :p

• Like 3

I'll just park the Shogun over the top :p

Yep that'll do it. :lol:;)

• Like 2

For me Trump being president is like a Chimp with a high powered machine gun. A whole lot of power and responsibility in the hands of reasonably low intelligence. Or at least low understanding and tolerance. Not good.

Edited by Rock_Steady